Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 20 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SORRY BUT THE SPOT IS FILLED.

We had a spot open for an experienced boater; Launching March 31, 2022. Lee’s Ferry to Pearce. You need to have your own boat. Ceiba is doing the prep, costs to be shared. Politically we’re center to right, so bear that in mind before you pm me. This isn’t a dry trip, but it’s definitely not a party cruise.
Thanks! Sorry Ron, but I don’t think this is your crowd.

·
Registered
355 Posts
A moron is someone who thinks this "vaccine" actually works. J&J "vaccine" efficacy at 6 months is 13%. Unless you are in the high risk category, like old AND in bad health, the moron is the one that gets it. Even worse is subjecting your child to it. Numbers I recall are 94 kid deaths where covid was present, out of 28,000,000 kids in the country where the estimate is that 50% have already had it!

A month or so back Pitkin county stats were that 66% of covid infections were "vaccinated" people. Hmm, really sounds effective to me!

·
Beginner
2,603 Posts
A moron is someone who thinks this "vaccine" actually works. J&J "vaccine" efficacy at 6 months is 13%. Unless you are in the high risk category, like old AND in bad health, the moron is the one that gets it. Even worse is subjecting your child to it. Numbers I recall are 94 kid deaths where covid was present, out of 28,000,000 kids in the country where the estimate is that 50% have already had it!

A month or so back Pitkin county stats were that 66% of covid infections were "vaccinated" people. Hmm, really sounds effective to me!
Beyond bad info. These are flat out lies and you look like an idiot telling them.

Glad I have my own 2022 permit...

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
This is exactly why I’m weeding out all the leftist fukwits. It would be like having a chihuahua along; always spinning around barking at nothing, with those bug out eyes...
I’m making an opportunity for some rando to come to one of the most sublime places on the planet, and all the progs want to do is bicker. Have a nice trip.

·
Registered
216 Posts
This is exactly why I’m weeding out all the leftist fukwits. It would be like having a chihuahua along; always spinning around barking at nothing, with those bug out eyes...
I’m making an opportunity for some rando to come to one of the most sublime places on the planet, and all the progs want to do is bicker. Have a nice trip.
So anyone that doesn't agree with you is a leftist huh? I'm politically in the middle and am for vaccines and real science. You might want to figure out a way to get that orange spray tan off your mouth.

·
Registered
71 Posts
One of the best explanations of our current sociopolitical moment came from a friend of mine who is on the total opposite end of me politically. He was an elected official at the time. He basically said that he was getting out of politics because political identity was at the top of the list when people described themselves. EG: "Hi, I'm Jimmy, I belong to the Green party, and I like to drain my cooler daily." Whereas back in the day, it would be something more like: "Hi, I'm Jimmy. I have two kids and a dog. I like hypalon boats, and not draining my cooler. I like the Red Sox, but don't like the Patriots. Blah blah blah, I'm also a Republican." About twenty things down the list was political affiliation.

It's so much harder for everyone to be cool and have fun when politics is at the top of the list.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
One of my best boating buds in a Liberal, but of the old school permissive Liberality, “I may disagree with what you say, but I’ll defend your right to say it!” kind. He allows me to have an opinion different than his, without resorting to ad hominems, like the Covid Cultists here have done.
They’re outraged that anyone should have the audacity to mock the Covid Cult orthodoxy.
Welcome to the Cult. Never question the Dear Leader.

·
Registered
164 Posts
More out of curiosity than anything, and no judgment on vaccine or not. But will your trip have a COVID protocol (i.e., negative test within 24 hours prior to meeting in Flagstaff, and everyone must test negative at Lees Ferry)? I haven't heard of any trips getting COVID in the canyon, but I could imagine that it might create significant issues for the trip as a whole if someone did get sick.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
One of my best boating buds in a Liberal, but of the old school permissive Liberality, “I may disagree with what you say, but I’ll defend your right to say it!” kind. He allows me to have an opinion different than his, without resorting to ad hominems, like the Covid Cultists here have done.
They’re outraged that anyone should have the audacity to mock the Covid Cult orthodoxy.
Welcome to the Cult. Never question the Dear Leader.
I guess my main issue with all this is that many people have chosen not to take the vaccine, and proceeded to seek a myriad of other supposed treatments, for political reasons rather then actual health reasons and the general well being of the country. I disagree with, but respect your choice if you don't believe it works or is unhealthy, but not taking the vaccine "because fuck whoever the current political person you hate this week" told you to is very frustrating. Same bullshit as people denying human caused climate change because it happens to be something spearheaded by the left leaning politicians in the world. I mean... a lot of the people who are refusing to take the vaccine "because it violates their beliefs" are also trying to stop women from doing what they believe is the right thing for them and their body. So many ways to by a hypocrite these days. I never liked or supported Trump...but I never liked Hillary or Biden really either. I'd fully support wiping the slate clean and starting over in both the House and Senate and even Supreme Court as well. The Mitch McConnel's and Nancy Pelosi's of the world seem to just get worse and worse all the time.

I mean... there are a ton of things that are politically and socially accepted that are mandated all the time. Seatbelts, Speed Limits, Food safety codes, traffic laws, public conduct laws and a million other ways that "the government' makes us run our lives. Mandated vaccines have been a thing for decades and only now with a major health crisis, seemingly spurred on by politicians and interest groups, has it left the weirdo fringes and become as serious an issue as it has become. I mean...people seem to create the belief first...and then go look for things to justify it. Just doesn't seem like the way forward to me.

Perhaps forget what your politics are telling you and maybe consider that MOST of what people are doing is well intentioned and intended to help our fellow citizens. Perhaps ask yourself "If the people that are politically left or right of me were saying the same thing I am...would I be reacting the same way?". Put yourself in their shoes for a couple of minutes and truly consider their point of view.

Sure... "Fuck Joe Biden"..... but also "Fuck Donald Trump" too. Plenty of people shouting "don't tell me what to think" as they are regurgitating stuff that is right down the party line.

1 - 20 of 145 Posts