Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my friends drew a Grand Canyon permit and is having problems filling slots. We'll launch 3/1 and use all 21 days to get to Diamond Creek. We'd really like to have a couple rowers along so I don't have to learn how to row the thing before we get to Hance. If we can't get rowers, all the hardboaters will have to take turns rowing.

Basically, we plan on using Pro Outfitters for equipment and supplies, but if you have your own raft and want to row it, your share of the costs would drop. We'll probably need two rowers and may be able to work more into the group.

We also have spots for hard boaters and/or tag-alongs in the raft.

Dave
[email protected]

·
Beginner
2,589 Posts
Send a PM to Rich Phillips. He's been looking for a spring trip, and from what it sounds like, has more than a little experience.

·
Registered
275 Posts
there's plenty to worry about before hance. i just got off the grand canyon 1 week ago and the only spot that we flipped rafts the entire trip was at house rock rapid (mile 17). 2 of our 4 rafts flipped. it can get pretty western in there.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Grand Canyon

Send a PM to Rich Phillips. He's been looking for a spring trip, and from what it sounds like, has more than a little experience.

I didn't see his name on the members list for Mountain Buzz. Could you let him know that I'm looking for people?

Thanks,
Dave

·
Beginner
2,589 Posts
I sent him an email. He had a recent thread where he was seeking a GC spot. You can probably find it by searching for "Grand Canyon".

·
Registered
223 Posts
2nd what christian said. 17 mile crash course in rowing is all you will get. at least the swim isnt bad!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts