Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Buzzards! I'm on a March trip and researching shuttle options, Wild River popped on the Grand Canyon Private Boaters Facebook page.

Anyone have any experience with them? Prices are about 15% less than the other companies, River Runners and Ceiba.

Thanks in advance for your input!

·
Registered
614 Posts
No idea about or experience with Wild Rivers, but have used River Runners out of Meadview at least 2 dozen times for 40 years and always been happy with their service.

·
Premium Member
1,478 Posts
A hearty second for River Runners out of Meadview, Greg has always gone out of his way to make sure everything runs smoothly, the price is a bargain for the peace of mind while on the river, and I like having my vehicle in their yard right up to the take out day.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I've had good results with River Runners over the years, with one major problem that I won't go into here. I don't have any objection to their pricing but one thing that has always bothered me about them is their rather harsh refund policy ( 1/2 after a month from launch and $0 after 2 weeks). They do say that they will apply payment to future trips if a Covid closure of the river, but what if you get a case right before launch? Wild Rivers doesn't require any pre-payment. They also keep your vehicle in a locked enclosure in Meadville until your takeout. I'm planning to try Wild Rivers for next month's launch and I'll report back.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've had good results with River Runners over the years, with one major problem that I won't go into here. I don't have any objection to their pricing but one thing that has always bothered me about them is their rather harsh refund policy ( 1/2 after a month from launch and $0 after 2 weeks). They do say that they will apply payment to future trips if a Covid closure of the river, but what if you get a case right before launch? Wild Rivers doesn't require any pre-payment. They also keep your vehicle in a locked enclosure in Meadville until your takeout. I'm planning to try Wild Rivers for next month's launch and I'll report back.
Thanks, looking forward to your review.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Buzzards! I'm on a March trip and researching shuttle options, Wild River popped on the Grand Canyon Private Boaters Facebook page.

Anyone have any experience with them? Prices are about 15% less than the other companies, River Runners and Ceiba.

Thanks in advance for your input!
Curious how this panned out. Do you have contact info for Wild River? Can't find it anywhere. Thanks!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok
Our group decided to go with River Runners due to their experience. here is the 2020 wild River brochure, prices and current COVID practices not addressed. they meet at Lee’s Ferry now, no driver pickup for now.

https://00342330846149841581.googlegroups.com/attach/6801cf228424a/Wild River Shuttle Brochure page 2.jpg?part=0.1&view=1&vt=ANaJVrFkTIiAAmEOaHCFWVjEzmqbuZw5esJFeOBoGcYNO7Gj6GH-mLd0orjx8NcCfOboaRr_hb8qYcmf2M8dKf4mEFMZiyIRn_A62eqvpLo0TjuX1XB_xOw View attachment 62082 View attachment 62082

·
Registered
127 Posts
We just finished our trip using Susanne and Wild River Shuttles. Though concerned with a new and inexperienced company, we couldn't be happier with our shuttle experience. Susanne is very responsive and easy to communicate with via phone, email and Inreach. While it doesn't hurt that they have the best prices I could find, I was more impressed by the ease of making arrangements and lack of oppressive refund policy. Also nice to see a company genuinely interested in the success of your trip and willing to do what's necessary to make that happen.

·
Premium Member
1,478 Posts
We just finished our trip using Susanne and Wild River Shuttles. Though concerned with a new and inexperienced company, we couldn't be happier with our shuttle experience. Susanne is very responsive and easy to communicate with via phone, email and Inreach. While it doesn't hurt that they have the best prices I could find, I was more impressed by the ease of making arrangements and lack of oppressive refund policy. Also nice to see a company genuinely interested in the success of your trip and willing to do what's necessary to make that happen.
Thanks for the review, always good to know there's an alternative available. Greg at River Runners has always shuttled for me, and always done a super fandamntastic job.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts