Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This just came in from GC HQ...good luck!

We have just opened a follow-up lottery for 2015 launch dates at the weighted lottery website (https://npspermits.us/grandcanyon/river). The lottery will accept applications until Thu, January 15, 2015 at 12:00 PM (noon) Mountain Standard Time. The available launch dates are:

Standard Size Trips (1 - 16 people):
March 2015: 1, 4, 6, 16, 18, 20, 27
June 2015: 2

Small Size Trips (1 - 8 people):
none

Winners will have until Fri, January 16, 2015 at 12:00 PM (noon) Mountain Standard Time to pay their nonrefundable deposits ($400 for standard size trips, $200 for small size trips).

Sincerely,
Grand Canyon River Permits Office

·
Registered
227 Posts
Just so you know... All my friends and I are applying for that June 2nd launch. So, you might as well not waste your time trying. Cuz' your chances of winning it are basically nil.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just so you know... All my friends and I are applying for that June 2nd launch. So, you might as well not waste your time trying. Cuz' your chances of winning it are basically nil.
Good to know. I have been creating a clone army just for permit parties so y'all might as well not try.

·
Registered
33 Posts
my email just had 50 peeps for are group. all putting in for june 2nd
I did the grand deso Yampa and ladore twice in that order last years.
we have a strong hold on permits!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
my email just had 50 peeps for are group. all putting in for june 2nd
I did the grand deso Yampa and ladore twice in that order last years.
we have a strong hold on permits!!
Dinosaurs rules state that you are only allowed one trip per year on either river, so you are either telling a lie or breaking the rules. Not good karma for winning the permit lottery.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dinosaurs rules state that you are only allowed one trip per year on either river, so you are either telling a lie or breaking the rules. Not good karma for winning the permit lottery.
Don't take the bait brah. This chatter is all tongue in cheek banter because someone posted "the douchiest MB post of all time" last week. Said person claimed to have assemble such a massive permit party that everyone else should just refrain from trying.

My original post was intended to raise awareness about GC opportunities but the buzzards latched on to the humor side. Hopefully someone was able to lock in on the GC openings while the rest of us are snapping towels in the locker room.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Don't take the bait brah. This chatter is all tongue in cheek banter because someone posted "the douchiest MB post of all time" last week. Said person claimed to have assemble such a massive permit party that everyone else should just refrain from trying.

My original post was intended to raise awareness about GC opportunities but the buzzards latched on to the humor side. Hopefully someone was able to lock in on the GC openings while the rest of us are snapping towels in the locker room.
574! Applications for 8 open dates.... Don't worry though, if you guys don't win, just call up one of the concessions and book your trip for this year. ;)

·
Registered
152 Posts
My strategy for drawing on a prime date in special permit lotteries is to post the information on as many internet forums as possible just to ensure that everyone that might not have been aware of the lottery is now aware of it. That way if i do get the permit, I know I'm extra lucky! Same goes for cancellation permits, etc. :)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I thought the spirit of Mountain Buzz was to share river beta, experiences and other info that might help folks get on the water not hoard it. Perhaps I am mistaken

·
Registered
33 Posts
you guys are so easy to get fired up! I was just playin. no I am no don't lie! I go though dinosaur 2 or 3 times a year. I learned from the best 30 year vets!
we are fucking outlaws like that. you only live once im not waiting. teenage kids use fake ID for alcohol I use them for river permits!!
daryl sorry but you are wrong. you are aloud 1 high use permit and as many low use as you want if you have the time!! ive pulled three permits in dinosaur legal from Kelly in one year!
have a great summer guys good luck with permits!!
cheers

1 - 13 of 13 Posts