Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a private putting on the Colorado May 9 and coming off May 24th. We need oarsmen and oarswomen as well as guests. First alternate has over a 100 trips through the Grand Canyon as he co-oped his way through college by guiding mostly on the Colorado, but also Salmon, Middle Fork etc. We are now in our 50's & low 60's and looking for congenial, fun loving and willing workers for this trip. So far we have southern and east coast folks so we need other regions represented. E-mail is [email protected] and number is 205-447-8908. Let's roll. Charles

·
Registered
530 Posts
If this were a few days later I would love to go, however I have finals. Thank you so much for inviting folks like me that never win a permit and do not know anybody that does. This helps make the whole permit system a little less painful.

Good Karma to you,

Troy
SLC, UT

·
Registered
320 Posts
Not to be a debbie downer, but.... It is risky to take a 16 day river trip with people you have never met and will not be able to meet till the day before put in. Yes, it is a GC trip, and you may view it as the chance of a lifetime, but without being able to meet them in person you are taking a real risk on turning your trip into a pain in the ass. While I have only done 1 GC trip with people on the buzz, it went pretty well all things considered, many things were much harder to do without in person contact with strangers. My 2 other private GC trips were with friends and wnet much more smoothly. I am now planning a GC trip for May 1st with folks from the buzz who are local and already know, after meeting them, it will be a much stronger group. It is all about the people, not just the river, that makes the experience. Good Luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts