Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a private putting on the Colorado May 9 and coming off May 24th. We need oarsmen and oarswomen as well as guests. First alternate has over a 100 trips through the Grand Canyon as he co-oped his way through college by guiding mostly on the Colorado, but also Salmon, Middle Fork etc. We are now in our 50's & low 60's and looking for congenial, fun loving and willing workers for this trip. So far we have southern and east coast folks so we need other regions represented. E-mail is [email protected] and number is 205-447-8908. Let's roll. Charles

·
Registered
510 Posts
If this were a few days later I would love to go, however I have finals. Thank you so much for inviting folks like me that never win a permit and do not know anybody that does. This helps make the whole permit system a little less painful.

Good Karma to you,

Troy
SLC, UT

·
Registered
97 Posts
Of course the OP means to say they are looking for some folks to 'cost share' and do their 'share' of the work, right? Otherwise, it could be mistaken for someone trying to hire a crew... ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the boat, truck, trailer

hello,

I am an experienced oarsman who has never rowed the Grand and would love to join your trip.

[email protected]

970-281-9071

I am based out of Lakewood, CO and those dates would work perfectly. I can add another boat if there is room.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Not to be a debbie downer, but.... It is risky to take a 16 day river trip with people you have never met and will not be able to meet till the day before put in. Yes, it is a GC trip, and you may view it as the chance of a lifetime, but without being able to meet them in person you are taking a real risk on turning your trip into a pain in the ass. While I have only done 1 GC trip with people on the buzz, it went pretty well all things considered, many things were much harder to do without in person contact with strangers. My 2 other private GC trips were with friends and wnet much more smoothly. I am now planning a GC trip for May 1st with folks from the buzz who are local and already know, after meeting them, it will be a much stronger group. It is all about the people, not just the river, that makes the experience. Good Luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts