Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all
I just scored a trip in the ditch this summer, and being the nerd that I am, i would like a good guidebook and probably a good book on the geology.
I have found a copla each but I am shopping for suggestions. Let me know if you have one you like. Any other cool related stuff would be helpfull.
tony

·
Registered
5 Posts
Can't help you on the books - mine are in Co. and I'm not. But you'll be psyched if you get a set of twin flat sheets (or doubles if you have a buddy), then sew them together to make a little sleep sack instead of a sleeping bag. You can wet it down, plus it'll keep the sand off at night when you're lying there debating whether you'd be better off to just sleep in the water (yes, it really is that hot). Also a camelback for side hikes, your own supply of enery bars and almonds, Emergen-C for when you bonk, iodine tabs for when the good water runs out and you start refilling from side springs (I got giardia down there), and an extra wide-mouth Nalgene so you can stash it all in your boat for easy snacking. Tinactin for the foot funk. Paco pad for the back. 2-ton epoxy and super-glue, just in case. Have fun!

·
Registered
374 Posts
In the words of my wise friend T-boner, ROLL-A-COT.

·
Registered
272 Posts
that's right man... it's all about the cot : ) i ain't no dirt camper anymore.

·
Registered
587 Posts
THE BEST DAMN GRAND BOOK

Colorado River Briefs
For A Trip through
The Grand Canyon

by Linda Lou Lindeman

Tom Martins Day Hikes From The River

should be your second purchase

1 - 6 of 6 Posts