Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Grand Canyon Gravure" is a photogravure project about a trip through the Grand Canyon. Wait. What? (here)
Grand Canyon Gravure by Scott P Barnes — Kickstarter

I know that many buzzards have gone through the canyon (some several times). Although the equipment is modern, the shuttle is figured out, the maps are great, it is still a wilderness trip that directly connects us to Powell's trips. That modern-historical connection is what made me decide to process the images in photogravure.

The problem is that photogravure is an expensive method. I do everything myself so it's not as bad as it could be (and I'm a stickler about having direct control over quality), but it's still more involved than printing my digital images on an Epson 3880. So, to get the second half of the project done I am offering existing art at discounted rates through a Kickstarter project.
Grand Canyon Gravure by Scott P Barnes — Kickstarter
If the fundraising goal is not hit, then this thing just might not get finished.

If you choose to participate with a pledge, I will thank you in advance. You'll be part of something special.
If you won't, then consider passing the link along to friends and family who might be interested. Even if you think that they might just like to see what is going on out of curiosity.

I hope that everyone on this board is staying safe this summer, particularly in CO. I keep getting updates from friends in Durango and on the front range about the fires. You all are in my thoughts. I'll see some of you in August when I'm out there.

Thank you.

Scott
photogravures and other intaglio prints by Scott Barnes

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
update and $10 awards/prizes

I have been working on the $10 pledge level cards, which are hand-made cyanotypes on 5"x7" cotton paper, so decided to scan some of them and post them as an update

Grand Canyon Gravure by Scott P Barnes » Updates — Kickstarter

Right now it's all the Maine stuff, but the same link will work when I post the newer Grand Canyon stuff over the weekend, so be sure to check more than once.

I don't know how many of you have participated in a Kickstarter project before, but its worth noting that these things are all-or-nothting. If the funding goal is not met, then nobody is charged and nobody gets the rewards tat they chose when they pledge. It sort of makes it lower risk. I've tried to stack the deck on the less expensive range so that more boaters and creative types can participate.

I'm having a party on July 27th (project deadline) no matter what hapens because it's the Friday of my birthday week, and pretty much the start of my last week in Maine before heading out to sunny Coloado.

Grand Canyon Gravure by Scott P Barnes » Updates — Kickstarter

I hope everyone in DRO and the rest of CO is well. See you all soon.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I've got openings on a dec 5 2012 launch this December if you need to get a few more shots. We're gonna have a great party at bass camp on my birthday
12/12/12.

·
Registered
795 Posts
SWEET....you'll be down there for "the end of the world" nine days later!!! That's where I'd want to be too. Have a great trip...live it up. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've got openings on a dec 5 2012 launch this December if you need to get a few more shots. We're gonna have a great party at bass camp on my birthday
12/12/12.
Sounds great. Let me see if I'm teaching this semester or not (depends on if a class has enough students). If I"m free, I'd love to go again!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts