Mountain Buzz banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
We are almost 30trillion dollars in debt.... shut the whole damn thing down until these asshats (both sides of the shitbird) figure out how they are going to actually pay for anything. I could care less about a few permits or access. eventually someone has to pay for all this. People need to stop financing our shit off my kids future labors. It's like running up a credit card that your kids have to pay off after you die.
Shutting down the government over budgetary decisions that were made by Republicans while Trump was in power doesn't make a lot of sense, especially when the act of doing so would cause serious financial harm to the country.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I don't give a shit who did what... we haven't had a "budget" in a long time. these people need to go line by line and cut everything and fix the budget. Government spending is completely out of control, inflation is through the roof, folks are trying to spend another 5 trillion dollars this year. All these idiots need to be run out of congress and tar and feathered for what they have done.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I don't give a shit who did what... we haven't had a "budget" in a long time. these people need to go line by line and cut everything and fix the budget. Government spending is completely out of control, inflation is through the roof, folks are trying to spend another 5 trillion dollars this year. All these idiots need to be run out of congress and tar and feathered for what they have done.
I don't know you so I'll assume you were this upset when Trump signed the 2017 tax cuts and jobs act which added 2T in debt to pay for corporate stock buybacks.

Regardless, not raising the debt ceiling just makes the situation worse.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I don't know you so I'll assume you were this upset when Trump signed the 2017 tax cuts and jobs act which added 2T in debt to pay for corporate stock buybacks.

Regardless, not raising the debt ceiling just makes the situation worse.

The old tax cut the unleashed the stock market, made a killing on my 401k. Was super stoked about them cutting taxes, wasn't happy they didn't cut the budget at the same time...

Thing about not being a member of the 2 parties is I'm able to say "hey these assholes didn't balance the budget either", and I don't think the excuse of " well the other party didn't do it last time so we don't have to do it now" is OK... all of them, lined up, tarred and feathered.

But back to the original intent of the post, I launch on a trip on Saturday and will be fighting mad if some government dork says I can't float on a river because "its closed"...

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'd say the debt ceiling is stratospheric already but we digress. If'n guv shuts down til they decide to play fair..... PLEASE take my fees, fines donations, etc and let us be. We'll leave our campsites, campgrounds and all dispersed areas for the better. Altruistic? Yep. Far fetched? No. I trust in goodness. Mania, do it!

·
Super Moderator
4,359 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
There's also a chance you just walk up to the boat ramp and put on, no ranger, no nothing. I've pulled up to Westy and had a permit but there was nobody there to check it, it was on a Monday I think

·
Premium Member
2,981 Posts
There's also a chance you just walk up to the boat ramp and put on, no ranger, no nothing. I've pulled up to Westy and had a permit but there was nobody there to check it, it was on a Monday I think
There is a self-check-in process, there is a metal box to the left of the kiosk where you fill out your information and place your permit in the box. Just to the right of that is a campsite sign up sheet. As long as you have a legitimate permit, you can launch ranger or not.

·
Registered
228 Posts
On Labor Day there was no check in ranger but a law enforcement officer did put in a little before we did. I think he was mostly looking for non permitted trips.

·
Premium Member
2,981 Posts
On Labor Day there was no check in ranger but a law enforcement officer did put in a little before we did. I think he was mostly looking for non permitted trips.
That would be Jeff Arbon, he is Utah State Parks, and not affected by the federal government. You will find him anywhere from cataract all the way up to the state line.

Really nice guy, if you take the time to get to know him and don't lie to him lol he worked for Utah State Parks for like 8 years and then went to Utah State patrol for another 8 years and came back to Utah State Parks, he's a total LEO, but a real nice guy too, unless you're fucking up..

·
Registered
773 Posts
Jeff is definitely a good guy and I have attached a photo of a trip I did with him in 2011 on the Floodstage on cataract at about 77,000 on big drop 2 and it was off the hook! I am in the front right in yellow. It was quite a day!
Water Liquid Fluid Fluvial landforms of streams Bedrock

·
Premium Member
2,981 Posts
Jeff is definitely a good guy and I have attached a photo of a trip I did with him in 2011 on the Floodstage on cataract at about 77,000 on big drop 2 and it was off the hook! I am in the front right in yellow. It was quite a day!
View attachment 70397
I'll bet it was, can barely see you,but that looks like a line he'd take 🤣

21 - 37 of 37 Posts