Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SWEET!!!!!! I was hoping it was not going to stay @ 900 all season. It might be time to start calling it Chilean Gore again; or just GOAR!

·
Registered
34 Posts
So I am a solid class 4 boater, who has flirted with a little 5 here and there. The group I paddle with are 20+ year boaters but none of us have paddled Gore yet, mostly because the lack of ability to scout. Would anyone be willing to show us the lines?

·
Registered
846 Posts
just a heads up -- its definitely predominantly IV+ to V- at 1500 cfs. And it will feel much pushier than most Colorado boating. So if you go this weekend, be comfortable with at that level for about 5 miles once you are in the canyon, with remote egress options. But it is very possible to scout it all.

------

Christian -- you joining us on Saturday?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll be up there. I'm heading up with barret burke, tom janney, and matt geilso. I'm hiking over the continental divide tomorrow from nederland and then having those guys pick me up just north of winter park on Saturday morning. Hopefully we'll see you up there.

·
Registered
86 Posts
3 of us went today and it was a treat to have proper water through gore canyon. I would not recommend going if i was claiming to be a solid 4 boater and hadnt done it before.

·
Registered
26 Posts
We may be up there w/ a raft Sunday...I'm open to having some hard shells tag along..we know the lines..but we blaze the run..only stopping at "Gore"..rapid..and "Tunnel Falls"..(we spend about 5 minutes at Tunnel) My suggestion is at these levels, everybody should feel comfy with a Class V enviroment. personaly I rate just the 2 Class V...but it's all Class V if you're swimming .....

ps...Like to see some fools running the kayak sneak in a raft on Gore rapid?
I'll post a time "if" we come up Sunday..8)

pss,,,sorry..raft is full..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts