Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am leaving town for Alaska for 6 months, and tomorrow is my last chance to run Gore before i go. Here's the catch, very short notice, we need at least one safety kayaker. Ed, Dave, Claire, Brian, anyone else interested. We ran it last year and portaged the meat of gore and tunnel. We may decide to portage again, or run it, but we will not run it at all unless we have someone running safety. PLease respond at 303-237-0725 (ask for Alex Perry), or post. We will probably leave Denver for the putin around 12. You can call and ask for Zach anytime tomorrow b/w 9-12 at 303-956-5722. Putting in around 3-ish is the estimate, but that is boater time, and could be a bit earlier or later.
Cheers and Beers,
Perry

·
Super Moderator
2,843 Posts
Perry you have a kayak now. That is the preferred craft for class V. Sorry I can't join you guys.

Hopefully someone steps up. These guys are solid in their raft by the way. You never know when you will need someone to haul your shit down the river so you can surf in comfort; helping these guys out now could result in a good future trip invite. Zach and Perry ran a first rate middle fork trip this year, and will be doing lots of cool trips in seasons to come.

·
Registered
76 Posts
gore on thur safety boater

hey i would love to help you guys out if you still need someone. Even if you have found another boater i would like to run with you guys. Give me a call at 847-975-8164 or email me at [email protected]. My phone would be best and if i don't answer, leave me a mesage. later

eric

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oops

Damnit! I spaced both a previous lunch and a dinner engagement saying goodbye to friends, so I have to pick and choose what I flake out on. I hate being a flake! Sorry huck, for the lead on. Believe me, we both know what I would rather be doing. Gore: I'll get you next year!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Perry you slacker. Too bad you can't go, I would have joined you (still living in Breck so its convenient right now). Sorry to lose ya to Alaska for the rest of the season. I'm gonna email you to ask about the paddling up there. Keep up the kayaking, I think you're the best beginner I've ever seen. And get some good permits for next year...

-Claire
If anyone else is looking to do some afternoon/evening Gore runs and its flowing decent send me an email [email protected] I seem to have a hard time finding folks to boat with :oops:

·
Sponsoring Vendors
1,463 Posts
well since i am not going to get to r-2 it with perry this year, i guess a quest for a race team is in order. i know it is a lil early to think about but, anyone want to run?? i have the raft. i have only run it once and would like to have a crew that is familar with the run. stinginrivers?? danger?? you guys want to run it?? for the race or whenever. i need to get back in there. NEED to get back in there, and i am not up for r-1 ing it quite yet. i'd even be down to r-2 with one of you guys in your lil cats if you'd have me.
oh, and dave, a kayak may be the preferred craft for some but for my skills in a kayak i might as well leave it at home and swim it. at least i wouldnt have to worry about getting beat up by my plastic casket and paddle. if i dont get to run gore i can just kayak loma for the same adrenaline rush. zach :wink:

·
Registered
331 Posts
I was working today. My days off are monday and tuesday (26-27 JULY) next week if anyone wants to hit it. I'm gonna be up there with the girlfriend to run the Pumphouse section just down stream and would love to hit Gore one of those days.

Ed Hansen

1 - 7 of 7 Posts