Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Kjirsten
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to come up and run Gore Saturday with Randaddy and a couple other boaters. We talked about it and decided since I haven't done it and he hasn't done it in several years that we'd like someone else to guide it. Anyone up for a Gore run Saturday? I can bring my boat or we can take his mini-me:confused:. I'll make lunch and bring beer...

·
Beginner
2,470 Posts
No mini me, it's seen enough carnage this year!

But we do want to at least get in on another trip. Anyone running Gore? Hmmm?

Kjirsten, I think everyone's in West Virginia.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yo Kirsten

I group of us from Denver (largely the same crew that met you at Westwater with Jmack last Spring) will be heading to Gore on Sat, and camping Sat night. We're all kayaking, but could at least be there to provide support and beta about all of the drops.

Mike

·
Kjirsten
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welll, Aaaalllriight! Let me get ahold of Randaddy and see if we can make this happen. PM me your phone number and I'll call you later today.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Just saw this post. I'm heading up with Mike's group, and just wanted to be clear that we're not rafters and can point out the drops but don't necessarily know the raft lines. But if that's all you're looking for we should be good. Although our buddy Ben might be coming along, who is a rafting guru and all around good guy, and I'm sure he could hook you up.

·
Registered
96 Posts
if you are looking for another cat SUNDAY- I'd like to go

Welll, Aaaalllriight! Let me get ahold of Randaddy and see if we can make this happen. PM me your phone number and I'll call you later today.
The level looks good. If you guys need company. Let me know. I may have 1 or two more boaters.
wayniac
303-748-9078

·
Registered
96 Posts
its not the gorge at 4200- maybe worse

Just saw this post. I'm heading up with Mike's group, and just wanted to be clear that we're not rafters and can point out the drops but don't necessarily know the raft lines. But if that's all you're looking for we should be good. Although our buddy Ben might be coming along, who is a rafting guru and all around good guy, and I'm sure he could hook you up.
and I'd like to run with you guys again
wayne

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
1,380 and rising..that is getting to the meaty level. It is a big change from the 825 or so we had on race day this year. About 1,300 is the highest I've guided it.

The crux move in Gore changes a bit as the wave above ginger forms/has more power and you can't use quite as hard of an angle without risking getting spun.

I didn't see this post until now, but I am interested if you still need a guide for the raft. Wayniac - I would also love to carpool from the Boulder area. Kjirsten, you still have my drag bag from the salt trip?

Sean
3/748/0509

·
Beginner
2,470 Posts
Sean,

I met you on the Dolores. You were looking for that drag bag back then! So is this thing going on Sunday? What's the deal?

Wayniac, this shit might go down afterall. Grease up that pretty yellow hard-cat and show us the lines!

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Randaddy, I remember you, it will be cool to boat together.

It looks like Sunday is going to happen.

The drag bag is more of a joke than anything now. Kinda like the fact a certain unnamed kayaker still owes me $30 for food from a trip down Westwater, in September, of '07. But with interest that is going to buy me almost half a tank of gas someday. :)

·
Kjirsten
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So it looks like we're on for Sunday. The Durango crew will be up there around dark tonight. Mike- I'll call you from the road- ditto Randy and Sean. Wayne- it'll be good to meet you.

Sean- I've SEEN the drag bag, but not recently, it's in my boat barn somewhere- I'll see if it will surface before I head out. Seems like it always makes an appearance when I'm not gonna see you.

I'm stoked- can't wait!

Randaddy, I remember you, it will be cool to boat together.

It looks like Sunday is going to happen.

The drag bag is more of a joke than anything now. Kinda like the fact a certain unnamed kayaker still owes me $30 for food from a trip down Westwater, in September, of '07. But with interest that is going to buy me almost half a tank of gas someday. :)

·
I'm right 50% of the time
899 Posts
Dan And I were thinking about it this weekend as well. What time to put on? Besides raftus, who else is guiding?

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I think I am the only one guiding. We also have a catarafter coming and a few kayakers. I think that there is at least one other group up there tomorrow. My group is camping out tonight at pumphouse. I have a white toyota tacoma with a topper. My ph number is earlier in this thread if you want to meet up.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts