·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
#1 Matt Booth
#2 Dan livingston
#3 Mariah
#4 (last) The Blumpkin King

See ya next year!!! (see photo of 2nd 3rd and 4th place finishers)

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Damn - awesome. Congrads on your first Gore win Matt. I have to say I am pretty stunned, but that's sweet. First a daughter, now this - what a year for ya. Any chance of repeating on Wednesday?
Joe

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Joe...I owe it all to Reverse training. It's a paradoxical approach to winning. How it's done is you don't paddle for 6 weeks then you plan to race on Sunday vs Saturday. Seems to work really well.
Wed maybe but more likely Thursday.

·
Registered
380 Posts
That's funny. An entirely different group of about nine paddlers had a completely seperate race on the same day. We started about 1 pm. All in good fun. Hobie can post the results since he was the instigator.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Whatcha' talkin' bout' Willis? We were "chasing" each other through the rapids for fun! Good day for sure. Wish the two groups would have met up but regadless it was great to see the Gore tradition kept somewhat alive. And thanks to BLM for being pretty cool to everyone. May not have been a huge turnout but everyone up there had a good time and that is what Gore is all about.
I also heard Laney (fellow Gore chaser) stuck around Eagle County and fired up Upper Death with Solomon on Sunday. :shock:Sick. I have yet to hear of any females running that. Nice work.

·
Registered
688 Posts
I heard those results were actually just the beer shot-gunning race. One of two things Matt is real good at. The other you ask?... well, just inquire about chewing gum next time you see him.
Sounds like you had a good time, wish I could have made it.

-d

Disclaimer: He cheats at shot-gunning.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Missed yo Bro (I may have a few Gore days left this season)
On to Gauley
Lets crush that plane on the way out!! YEA HAW!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts