Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To try and lighten the mood here let's get back to talking some s$%t! Personally, I feel like the race should be cancelled this year in favor of a memorial boof fest on Gore.

Traditionally the Gore race has always fallen on a Saturday, since the day Kirshbaum first d'd Gore and then proceeded to get drunk and tell all the rafters at pump house how much cooler he was than them. So, why Sunday? Is this Lakota's way of telling the kayak and rafting community that we are second fiddle to the SUP event on Saturday? Slowly making way for a new race for 2015, PUMP FEST!

·
Registered
71 Posts
gore race on sunday = fame

Duh, they're just saving us for the main event. Cuz we're heroes, remember? Sunday is better for all the TV and media folks that will be out there capturing our feats of gnarstrength. Personally, I'm gonna use saturday for a trial run on my hair and makeup. Oh and I might harass some SUPpers too. Maybe we can put some kayakers just above radium to mimic the 8 ball action they have at the teva games?? No cancellation, just dedication. This year, we race for fallen comrades!

·
Registered
305 Posts
I agree that an 8-Ball SUP race is the way to go. I am historically the slowest paddler on the river and I am not worried about what day the race is, it just kinda messes up my beer drinking schedule on saturday. Maybe one of you sallies will man up this year and try to take my crown. I may be the slowest boat on the river, but I am also the reigning gore race champion in the handpaddler division 3 years running, suck it bitches.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not worried about the day we race, more worried about hungover paddlers. And everyone leaving before the results are posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

·
Registered
13 Posts
DNF

Hey DNF,

Don't worry about the date and day of the race. It's gonna be a great weekend. I want to re-iterate…weekend. Saturday practice is needed. Sundays are a lot easier to get safety from rafting companies also. Safety is the main reason and to make it easier for people to get there.

TK, thanks for the clarification on history of the Race.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Gore Race Post-Race Announcements

I want to thank everyone for coming out. We have decided to give all the race prize money to American Whitewater in honor of Beth. Since we obviously had some race finish and timing issues this is what we decided to do instead. But...it looks like we will be able to come up with some race times to at least see how you stacked up. One of the photographers was at Kirshbaum and each photo was time stamped. It will be accurate but will be slightly above the normal finish. We will at least know that the participants were still paddling at this point. This is all I can offer and next year we will make sure the finish is defined for racers and our timer. Sorry for any confusion or frustration, but like I said in the pre-race meeting, it's not all about the race but the experience of the weekend and paddling hard together.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts