Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the last few days pumphouse has gone from 1200cfs to over 2000cfs. We have only been to the gore playpark between 800 and 1200cfs where it is more of a hole and I am curious if it is any good at higher water. Has anyone been up there recently to check it out? Has it waved out yet? We have just been going to the glenwood playpark recently which has been good, but I'm curious about gore. Thanks!

·
Registered
289 Posts
ImageUploadedByMountain Buzz1430853079.291973.jpg this was the other day at 1600, I will be there tomorrow and Thursday.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

·
Registered
212 Posts
New wave

Can't wait to see a Vail fishing guide get a drift boat sideways in there and dump a couple of customers. No tip for that day!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome! It still looks pretty nice! Could you take a picture one of the next times that you go?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Probably won't make it today since it is nuking at copper and I just slapped a new neck gasket on my dry suit. I will update this post when I get back to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sick! Nice space godzilla that was huge! It looks sweet at this level, definitely a better hole than it is at 1000cfs when I have been there. It was forecast a couple of days ago to go up to 3000cfs in the next week or so, so fingers crossed!

·
Registered
356 Posts
Drove by yesterday. It is definitely starting to become more of a wave at higher flows. Thinking that maybe at 6k it might become something really sick. Like a massive river wide wave, with really nice foam piles, but that is pure speculation. Until the US Trials are over in GWOOD, I would think the GoreyHole is a way better option if you are traveling for playboating.

And if you are into being a sickbird, Gore at these flows is great practice for the Stikine.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts