Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all --

A few of us want to get in our first Gore run on Sunday.
We'd love to have somebody to show us the lines (or the scout eddies, anyway).
I am just getting into class V this year, with a clean run on Upper Animas and a (mostly) clean run on Bailey at low water. A few low-water Pine Creek runs ...
My buddy has several runs on Bear Creek under his belt this season, and generally more class V experience than me.
Anybody interested in a Sunday run?
I'll pay in beer ...

-Mike

·
Registered
243 Posts
We are from Colorado Springs. We are kayakers. Some of our best friends are rafters, though.:)

Live Free, Die Hard

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
P the K:
Driving to the Fort would add two hours to the drive in the morning and the evening. It's not really an option.
If you scored a ride to Golden, I could pick you up there.

Miker:
We're yakers.

Brobin:
Join up, ya yella-belly!

·
Registered
5,507 Posts
gore sunday!

im trying to get couple casper boys to come down and do it with me might have a gore newbie to. when on sunday is everybody running it? we could try to get down for 11 clock run 5 hour drive from casper but its hella worth it.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Caspermike --

Just sent you a PM.
I think 11 would be about perfect for us folks comin up from the Springs, too.
Name the place and I'll be there.

-Mike G,
C. Springs

·
Registered
5,507 Posts
put in so we can drive shuttle

dude ill try and get my crew at put in by 10;30 so we can push off by 11:00 and run shuttle any body else, tunnel is at prime working level!! BRING YOUR FOX 40'S , ROPES, CARRIBEANERS, KNIFES, WATER AND WHATEVER ELSE YOU LIKE FOR SAFETY ILL BRING A LITTLE CAMERA FOR SOME VIDEO AND FOR NEWBIES TO THE WRATH OF GORE BRING A WATER PROOF CAMERA ITS AN AMAZING PLACE!

·
Owner: Class 5 Carvings
621 Posts
Sounds like you found some people that have done it before. I didnt know you were in denver ya fort collins is way out of the way just figured I would ask, I have been to gore a ton and would love to meet up and I may be able to do that let me know on what you decide. For all the newbies, dont be scared it is classic and everything goes, playboats recommended for the better paddlers.

P the K

·
Registered
5,507 Posts
for sure

its for sure there should be at least three from casper, probably more theres a group running sunday if anybody is soloing

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah - thanks, Paul. I'd love to have you along if you can score a ride. Hope to see you there.
-Mike

1 - 13 of 13 Posts