Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody wanna rumble on down there if it hovers around 500cfs? Anybody been there as of late? Ice hazards?

·
Registered
178 Posts
I could be pulled away from class to run gore if it is 500. Call me early in the morning or tonight if things look promising because I am driving from Laramie. 307-399-5378.

Zach.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I'm in what time are you leaving. Is Gore by the Big South Platte or is it further south?

I could also go on Saturday.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Team FC, let's rumble at 8am. Hobie, that means we can meet you safely at 11am at the takeout. Is that early enough for you to make your class? We could probably leave earlier if we have to. Zach, we can rendevous in FC or we can meet at the takeout as well if you want to go the back way.
EvanJ
All respective of the flow remaining at or near 500cfs.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
about 2.5 - 3 hours.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Just checked flows, down to 380. Not sure if that is worth it but if it comes back up tomorrow morning I would go. Let me know if you guys are still going.

Zach.

·
Registered
253 Posts
good online description of gore for the new guy at AW, reach id 378

http://www.americanwhitewater.org/rivers/id/378/

drove through glenwood canyon yesterday, and shoshone appeared mostly free of ice from the highway, in case you bail on gore but want to run something else. please use caution and check for yourself though, as not every drop is visible from the highway. no water in barrel.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
maybe it wiil come up in the morning :? if not I'm not opposed to checking the gauge again for Sat. I just wanna go boating.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts