Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GoreFest 2016 registration is now OPEN! Hosted by American Whitewater, this year’s festivities will be held at Rancho del Rio on August 26th-28th. Register early because prices will go up. You can register to compete, volunteer, or donate to protect recreation on the Colorado River! Please contact [email protected] or [email protected] for more information on how to become a sponsor.
Like Gore Fest on Facebook and find more info here!

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We were asked to pay for a $5000 environmental assessment to host the camping at Pumphouse. Camping is still open at Pumphouse but all post race festivities will be held at Rancho.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
We were asked to pay for a $5000 environmental assessment to host the camping at Pumphouse. Camping is still open at Pumphouse but all post race festivities will be held at Rancho.
Wow. I assume that's BLM? The hostile attitude towards boaters is completely unacceptable. Have they ever been to Pumphouse? It's a complete madhouse for most of the season. Since when is this some pristine wilderness zone? If they're worried about the environmental impact then how about a study for every Saturday and Sunday from April to October?

·
Registered
189 Posts
I agree, Kevin. When I heard this, I immediately thought the same thing. That place is a circus on the weekends...how the hell can they really be worried about a few kayakers causing an environmental hazard. Sounds like the BLM is just trying to make a few bucks off a successful event. But what do I know?

But whatever. f#$% em!! Rancho is an awesome place to party and the owner there is very welcoming of debauchery!! It's gonna be a damn good time!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts