Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The time is now! We have class V (sorta) in Colorado! Gore is open and free of ice. Joey Simmons and myself routed down yesterday at somewhere around 600 cfs. Get off the couches and the slushy snow and go run some shit!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
icy banks

yeah there's still a lot of ice on the banks and a couple ice bridges, but none that are in the way of any lines. we could still get out and scout gore and tunnel without much struggle though

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Gore is such an over rated run... I will wait for Bailey to come in.
:shock: Huh. Respectfully disagree with this statement on so many levels. I mean, I get that Bailey is a little more lush and green and warm/fuzzy, and Gore is kind of ominous and dark and windy at times. However, the stoke here is that one of these awesome runs is running, and it sure beats Meyers pool.

And, for arguments sake, Bailey never gets this fluffy. County 5: High Water Gore

Still doing my snow dance, and really not ready for spring and bulbs in the yard. Come on winter!

·
Banned
131 Posts
:shock: Huh. Respectfully disagree with this statement on so many levels. I mean, I get that Bailey is a little more lush and green and warm/fuzzy, and Gore is kind of ominous and dark and windy at times. However, the stoke here is that one of these awesome runs is running, and it sure beats Meyers pool.

And, for arguments sake, Bailey never gets this fluffy. County 5: High Water Gore

Still doing my snow dance, and really not ready for spring and bulbs in the yard. Come on winter!
Fuck yea and it's february! I haven't gotten in Gore yet but I love Bailey. I hope it's a good year!

·
addict
739 Posts
Lots of water still sitting in Lake Dillon. Well over 200k acre-ft.

Interestingly enough this reservoir can help put water in both the NF South Platte and Blue River.

Augmented flows for 2015 look promising.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

·
Banned
131 Posts
Lots of water still sitting in Lake Dillon. Well over 200k acre-ft.

Interestingly enough this reservoir can help put water in both the NF South Platte and Blue River.

Augmented flows for 2015 look promising.

Know anything about the talk of flooding chatfield? I know there are a few proposals out there to triple it's size. I'm worried this would severely shorten when the north fork of the platte is running?

·
addict
739 Posts
Know anything about the talk of flooding chatfield? I know there are a few proposals out there to triple it's size. I'm worried this would severely shorten when the north fork of the platte is running?

Doubt it will happen anytime soon. DW has other major capital improvements that are higher priority. The water from Dillon that goes into the NFSP heads to Strontia. From there it is distributed to treatment plants via conduit.

Having more water in Chatfield doesn't make sense, but I don't know everything. Perhaps other entities (Aurora?) hold rights in Chatfield.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts

Nothing beats Meyers pool. 90% of boaters, who go to pool sessions but don't actually go kayaking, can't be wrong.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts