Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
It has been done for about a month. They were doing the final grade in the middle of Feb. We'll see what the wave does with more water. Looks like it could be pretty good.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Nobody will be skipping a second lap to do it at 600 cfs. It wasn't working at all at that level. Hopefully it's better with more water.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Not much to see right now. They were working a backhoe on it today and the area is still a construction zone. I'm sure they would rather people stayed off it while they are working.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I was there last Sunday, still looks a bit rough. Large island in the middle of the river and two wave. At higher water the whole island will be submerged. They are building a viewing platform now. It will be interesting to see what it is like at high water.

·
Registered
30 Posts
video

Sounded like they were still fine tuning it. When I was there the engineer was surveying and deciding on what the contractors were going to do next. They said they'd probably be working on it for another 3 weeks or so. This is just what i gathered from chatting with the contractors, so I'm def not an "official source". A work in progress maybe, but very exciting, and most importantly should help guarantee in-stream flows.

·
FISHTARD
74 Posts
Clarity

Does anyone have any current water clarity info due to construction/leftover sediment?

Floated Statebridge to 2bridges yesterday and it was pretty murky but I assumed it was snow melt. We did put in at about 5pm so snow probably did have a factor.

Anywyas, looking to floatfish Pumphouse to radium today and wondering how the water looks up that way?

THanks

1 - 20 of 42 Posts