Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Koni
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for any beta on running gore canyon in a cat. I have seen some posts on it and some video so I know it is possible. I am curious what craft people are using and size. Also any tips on Gore rapid itself, not the best setup for oars, what are folks doing, trying to pull, can you position yourself to push across, or just shipping and holding on? Thanks for the advice.

Sent from my iPad using Mountain Buzz

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey Bro, make sure you ride the epic Wave, and wear a helmet. It gets really bomber down the Gore. Be safe Bro

·
Registered
499 Posts
Didn't run Gore Rapid, but I've been told it's a 50/50 proposition in a cat. Everything else was actually pretty easy in a 12 1/2' SOTAR Legend. Except Toilet Bowl. We had wicked upstream winds all day and Toilet bowl did the whole "whose your daddy" thing with the inflatables.

·
Registered
71 Posts
hey lets all rally for this sunday and/or wesnesday, there is another thread for a sunday mission. i am 50/50 for sunday but can definitely do a wednesday launch

·
Registered
38 Posts
Gore sunday

I run a 14' Ocelot and am going to run Gore this Sunday.. I'd be super psyched to see other cat boaters to go down w/.. As it stands I'm going w/ a solid kayaker but anytime another cat boater (s) wants to get in on the mix I'm all for it..I'm coming from the front range if there's any interest in a carpool.

Cheers,
Shane

·
Koni
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the beta, still putting together a cat so not able to run this sunday but hopefully next season.

·
Misspellingintothefuture!
1,901 Posts
Fuckin' A!! Rowing gore canyon, i love it! Oar frames in gore were considered preaty much impossible when i started boating. Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Rockgizmo- why portage Gore?? That's the main event... Hehe, otherwise nice job, btw Tunnel is a 50-50 shot!

Sent from my iPad using Mountain Buzz

1 - 20 of 21 Posts