Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So pretty much all pro kayaking videos have sick over the shoulder shots. I know they use poles attached to a handle on the stern of the boat. I know Jackson made one but they are pretty pricey.

Where can I find a cheaper one or how could I make one?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Agree with TJ...look around the shed and Home Depot. Plenty of options. Creativity is best

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll give it a try

Thanks so much! I think I'll give that try. Much cheaper than Jackson's $149 mount!

·
Registered
127 Posts
It cost me so far $19 from Home Depot, was a bit of a pain to get the plunger down as far as it would go but it only takes about 30 min to put together. Follow my buddy's link at it should work out great. It has great flex to allow for impacts when rolling or .....swimming LOL.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It cost me so far $19 from Home Depot, was a bit of a pain to get the plunger down as far as it would go but it only takes about 30 min to put together. Follow my buddy's link at it should work out great. It has great flex to allow for impacts when rolling or .....swimming LOL.
Sweet! Keep me up to date. Im going to home depot tomorrow and ill give it a go

·
Registered
127 Posts
Haven't used it yet, have only been doing pool sessions so far in my playboat. Would only affect back deck roll as far as I can see but I rarely attempt that unless I am in my playboat....

·
Registered
226 Posts
Do you find the plunger with rubber mount swings around while paddling? Does the footage show all the wobble?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Haven't used it yet but I will soon. My buddy has done lots of footage with it and has no complaints. It is surprisingly rigid and probably has less wobble than a JK levitator. I am going put my GoPro on and shoot some vid while I shake the hell outta it. See how the footage looks then. I have seen some third person footage of a boat using a Jk Levitator and they seem to whip about over the rough/rocky stuff.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Jackson-levator

I have one of these for sale if anyone is interested, I bought it but never got around to using it. I would sell for less than I paid as its just collecting dust on my home desk. I think it is good quality not flimsy.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts