Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
I am not sure what this article is talking about, but if Senate bill 37 were passed it would make all new recreational in stream flows a secondary water right and there for render them useless in average to sub average precipitation years. This bill has been sponsored and back by the agricultural community of Colorado who does not like to see water running down the rivers before it has been used for irrigation. I am not trying to place a value judgement here but this bill is not good news for developing whitewater parks in Colorado.

·
Registered
52 Posts
SB 37 how bad will it really be?

The proponents and opponents of SB37 have been discussing compromises to the bill. In the end, I'm hard pressed to see how the bill could ever be considered a good deal for advocates of whitewater parks. The Colorado Environmental Commision has been working on eliminating the negative provisions in the bill, and is good at keeping Colorado Whitewater and websites such as Mountainbuzz up to date. Stay tuned!
Patrick
Colorado Whitewater
Access

·
Registered
463 Posts
I agree, SB37 is in no way a good bill for future WW Parks. The packers of this bill maybe be saying that is there intent but if you read the fine print this bill atempts to limit RICDs.

I believe there was an informative post on this not to long ago. Conclusion, write or call your local representative(s) and voice your opposition to this bill if you enjoy WW parks in the state.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts