Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm planning on heading to Glenwood for a few days of paddling.

Anyone know of any BLM / public lands options for camping (preferably not toooo far from the whitewater park).

Thanks very much.

·
Registered
548 Posts
It's not free but I would suggest Rock Gardens campground just east of Glenwood maybe 2 miles. Right on the river and you could paddle to the wave. Not sure of cost but pretty chill place. Good luck!

·
Registered
137 Posts
I've stayed at the Rock Gardens (No Name).

It was nice, but kind a expensive. Seem like it was abt. $28.00 a night for a tent site. Right on the river, but that also means right on the railroad tracks too. Abt. 20 miles up stream toward Burns the BLM has some free sites along the river (same train tracks) pit toilet and table. Have done both. It depends on if you want a shower, closer to town and the wave, or if yer cheap like me. We're coming back again Thurs. Fri. and Sat. and staying at Burns. Ron.

·
Registered
11 Posts
There's BLM land two exits down from the WW park exit. It's where the Storm King fire was. Get off the highway, take a right at the off ramp, take another right like 20' feet later. Drive to the end of the road (1/4 max, it's a dead end). No idea if they allow overnight camping in there though but it might be worth a try.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Deep Creek ,on the way to Sweetwater or Burns ,has free primitive camping maybe a mile up the road from the Colorado.You are 1/2 hour from Glenwood,a little less to Barrel or Shoshone

·
I'm right 50% of the time
899 Posts
Use the search function, or scroll down to the bottom for "SIMILAR THREADS"

·
Registered
589 Posts
Forest service road 2miles above Sunlight Resort

is real nice. 14 miles to town awesome views of the Elks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts