Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I heard a rumor that people throw away cracked boats. I have a few friends that are interested in getting into the sport but don’t know if they’ll like it enough to make the big investment or just don’t have the money right now (most of them don't have the money). I was thinking if you were just going to throw it out I could fix it well enough for lake practice and light river running until they can get their own boats. Creekers and other beginner boat are preferable but play boats could be good as well. While Jackson makes a great boat I can’t weld the plastic so one of those won’t do us any good.

We are trying to get more interest in the sport out here and have regular open practice sessions but we’re finding gear is the main motivation killer, times are tight all around after all. None of the boats donated will be sold after the current user is finished with it I’ll hang on to it for future noobs to learn in.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have an old perception blaze that has been my trusty learning boat (my 3rd season) until I cracked it this summer. The crack is on the bottom so not sure if it is able to be welded but it's all yours if you want it. I'm out here in Eagle. Now that I'm typing this I can't seem to determine where you are, but if on the western slope I would be happy to meet up.

Brian A

·
Registered
138 Posts
i have 3 skreems i would like to get rid of.... small cracks and a good tape job will get them down significant stretches of whitewater

·
Premium Member
674 Posts
Randall -

If you need a delivery service between the FR and GJ, I'll be driving that way a few times in October...

·
Registered
218 Posts
i've got a cracked mega rocker, needs a lot of love...no seat or bulk head...free if you want it, and i'll be in montrose tomorrow? 7080790

·
Registered
48 Posts
Sorry that I missed you guys. I was in Moab all weekend.

I'll keep the boat for you and if I come down to GJ, I'll put out another post. If you come up this way just drop me a line.

Brian

1 - 8 of 8 Posts