Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that Golden is over 100 now - is that runnable? Do you need to wait till 200 before you can run the whole park?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Totally runnable. There is a bike/running path down the whole thing.

Cha Cha Chaaa.

Did somebody say they were going to work on the Library Hole?

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
You can float a boat down the whole thing, maybe a bit of scraping in the middle section. I hit a few cartwheels in the bleacher hole yesterday. The rock in it makes it a bit challenging. Its not paddling nirvana, but warm days, cool water and a little surfing sure are good.

·
Registered
305 Posts
At 65cfs I boated from the RVpark put in to the Libary hole,drug a few times but that is what happens when your in a boat your 40lbs to heavy for.

They did concrete work at the libary hole and the one below Wash. street last week before the CSM icebreaker fest, made them better from what I understand.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I was there on sunday at about the same level, the top two drops have small waves you can almost surf, Bleacher hole is not very good for much of anything, the hole below that is really good for flatspinning left, and the hole below that is really fast and turbulent, but I was able to a couple cartwheels, but there are rocks. Never checked out library hole but heard they did some repairs on it. Its not worth the drive from F.C right now for me although it was alot of fun, I will wait untlill atleast 200 for next time. Have fun!!!

·
Registered
88 Posts
The Library hole has been fixed. We just have to see what happens when the water rises, but it is a good low water feature right now (water is still pretty damn low though).

With the little money and time Gary Lacey had, the hole has been fixed, but could still use some work to prepare for the predicted high flows this summer. There are rocks upon rocks right next to the library whole that could be put to good use. If anybody wants to help this weekend, I am happy to lend a hand.

Predict:

5 people = 3 hours
10 people = 1.5 hours
20 people = 1 hour + a misty

I am talking about the rocks river left above the hole.

Anyway, I should be studying. Rasdoggy, that is the funniest thing you have ever posted......just stand there..got a laugh out of that one.

·
Registered
58 Posts
howlie said:
The Library hole has been fixed. We just have to see what happens when the water rises, but it is a good low water feature right now (water is still pretty damn low though).

With the little money and time Gary Lacey had, the hole has been fixed, but could still use some work to prepare for the predicted high flows this summer. There are rocks upon rocks right next to the library whole that could be put to good use. If anybody wants to help this weekend, I am happy to lend a hand.

Predict:

5 people = 3 hours

10 people = 1.5 hours
20 people = 1 hour + a misty

I am talking about the rocks river left above the hole.

Anyway, I should be studying. Rasdoggy, that is the funniest thing you have ever posted......just stand there..got a laugh out of that one.
Howlie, it's Matt. B2's ring a bell. Call me sometime about paddling. I talked to George last week. He is still in California but looking forward to coming back. I would be up for Shoshone or a numbers run when it hits 500. I don't think Alrubay will be paddling much this summer because of Mtn. Biking, fun fun.

If this is not Eric then never mind.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Biking is for people in good shape...Losers. I haven't talked to George in a long time. PM me your number, as I lost a lot of numbers when I decided to make a call with my celly in the local play hole.

·
Registered
88 Posts
How does Saturday at 1pm sound. I have talked to many people about the rocks and they all agree.

The water is channeling well right now, but imagine an additional 600 cfs. It won't be long until water is pouring over the left side. The additional rocks will help channel water at higher levels. The hole may wash out at high levels, who knows, but Golden is not up to par, and I want to do everything possible to get one good feature. If you remember Bingo- it was good because of the efforts kayakers made by building it themselves. they used the rocks to channel water into the appropriate area i like to call the g spot. Bingo sucks now because they finished the construction of the sidewalk; taking away our man-made efforts, and removed the big rock behind the wave everyone complained about. The water does not channel properly now and there are plans to fix it, but not until next year. So this year our hope is in the library hole. If it doesn't work, then we have Lawson to freeze our butts off.

Library will also spread out kayakers from the popular 5 hole. free-stylers can move down river, giving slalom more room, tubers more room, and those crazy kids that like to use 5 hole as thier personal water world. Library you have 2 sides of the river to hang as well where upstream you only have one.

I am not an expert, so take this as one man's opinion. I do gaurantee however that moving (piling) the rocks will not hurt and keep it a good low water feature.

·
DP/ Cinematographer
221 Posts
Howlie, if anything the rock directly above the hole is killing the velocity of the river before it goes over the drop. (its pretty big though may take all 10 peeps) That's the one that needs to get yanked. The tail water (pool) was moved up so it may not look like much now but at higher flows it might make a big difference.

GRD!!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
I will be skiing Saturday so I am out. Don't be a usin that there tnt, perty sure that new regulatin office Homeland Security won't be a bit happy ifin ya do.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts