Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Team Colorado Whitewater Racing Club and the Dawson School Canoe and Kayak Team will be hosting the annual Rocky Mountain Cup Championships at the Golden Whitewater Course on this Saturday and Sunday, May 1 and 2. This will include slalom and downriver races for kayaks and canoes (C-1, C-2, OC-2 and OC-1). While the majority of the racers will be teenagers, there are age classes from kids to masters. Come join us if you want to watch the newest generation of paddlers – including many on the U.S.A. Junior and U23 Teams – spread their wings. And, join us if you would like to race, too. You don’t have to have a pointy glass boat to compete, build skills and have fun.

There will be a lot of activity through the main portion of the Golden course from 8-4 both days (preliminary schedule below). However, we won’t be using Library Hole, so that will available for play, surfing, etc.

PM me if you have questions, are interested in racing or want details about registration, etc. If you think you might race, we'd love to know in advance to get you on the start list.

Saturday, May 2
Slalom Race
8:00 am Bib Pick-Up and Registration
9:30 am Racers Meeting at take out
10:00 am Slalom Race, first runs begin
12:30 pm Slalom Race, second runs begin
4:00 pm Slalom Awards - location to be announced

Sunday, May 3
Slalom Race Finals
8:00 am Bib Pick-Up
9:00 am Racers Meeting at take out
9:30 am Slalom Race, Finals
Downriver Race
One run, One Class
12:00 pm Registration and bib pick up
1:30 pm Racers meeting at the put in
2:00 pm Race begins
4:00 pm Awards – location to be announced

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I'm excited at the changes and improvements. Slalom this year should be that much better in the park! Big thanks to Russ for coming out and hanging gates.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Thanks to everyone who put on this great race!! A safe, fun, and competitive event! Glad to see slalom alive and well in Colorado. Good luck to all racing today!

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

1 - 3 of 3 Posts