Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm gonna get outta dodge for the weekend, any playspots in the Moab vicinity? Camping and biking with some friends and I was wondering if it was worth bringing my boat and gear. Any info would be great! Cheers...

·
Super Moderator
2,835 Posts
I don't think so. Every thing out there is pretty flat. At peak run off there is a wave on the "Daily" section which I believe is above the town. At winter flows it would be very mellow.

I've never boated that stretch, but I've heard it is marginal at best.

Have fun biking. Are you aware that ski season is still at it's peak?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I still get on the hill in crested butte, just need a road trip and some different scenery. Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
43 Posts
all the rivers near the town of maob are very flat but if you go up the canyon a ways there are some small rapids, fun to just mess around in, and easy river in and out access. Hold off for a while and maybe you will be in for a treat:the big sur.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I took my gear anyway and paddled a section above town and it was quite boring. All in all it was good to just be in my boat and take in some scenery (bikini clad girls laying on the beach and the canyon walls). Played around a bit and did some rolls to wake my head up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts