Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few of us youngsters need some help. A guide promised some things and didn't follow through. There is a possiblity that my nearly and over 50 year old awesome aunts are comming along with a fifty something year old computer science professor. We can supply the equipment mostly unless you would prefer to oar your own raft. I'm 26, the other two guys are 20 and my girlfriend is going to be 22 by the time the trip starts. We're pretty well behaved unlike the other jerks of our generation, but we like to drink a little sometimes lol. Anyway my name is mike and I would like to here from you as soon as possible. The trip is set for the 31st of July and we plan to make it an overnighter. 970 901 7859

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi Mike - Just a reminder that there should not be any 'guiding' on true private trips. Please be careful to ensure that you and your trip participants adhere to the private stipulations for any Westwater trips. Safety is always a concern in Westwater and I hope that you are able to find a friend that has first hand familiarization with the canyon and is willing to assist you on your upcoming trip.

·
Registered
287 Posts
do you have a permit? if so, when and how many open spots on it?

·
The Russian
1,389 Posts
If you can't find anyone to go with you, just camp before the rapids (Little Hole, Little D, etc). Then wait up for another group to pass by in the morning and ask if you can follow them and their lines. That's how I learned Westwater

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the suggestions dude. Whip ended up running support for us. He might be quirky but he was really nice to us ignoramuses:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts