Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
See you there. Sounds like it should be a great event. Alex and and I are headed down first thing Sat. morning and staying for the day. You still going Brooke? Rumor has it the flows will be up for the event and the wave/holes should be about as good as they get. Forecast looks sweet too. Near 80. I will bring some demo boats down as well if anyone needs one. Can't wait to try out the new park!

hobie
Dagger Kayaks
Paddle with the Pros
Rocky Mountain Division

·
Registered
989 Posts
Didn't the Pueblo paddlers guy just post that the flows were going to be low? Maybe I got the wrong idea. What exactly is the flow supposed to be like, anyway? I've been watching it and waiting and it barely broke a hundo yesterday...back down to 80 today. Will it be at least 7-800 or what?

·
Self-Aggrandizing jackass
1,134 Posts
I heard from GH that they should have flows in the 800s by Thursday/Friday some time, and that there would be a water release from the dam for this.

I'll be there probably Friday night and Saturday, too, in the popsicle green Crossriver. Look forward to meeting you all.

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
I spoke with some of the guys at the Edge in Pueblo and they are not sure what to expect. They didnt seem to think they were going to get 1k like they had expected but they arent sure. I am watching the gauges and we will see what gives by Friday aft.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was going by what I heard from Bob at The Edge. I spoke with him about ten days ago and he said they were getting water released for the event. That's about all I know. I will give him a shout and see what he thinks.

hobie

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just spoke with Bob. He was finishing up on details with the water board when I called. He was told by the w.b that there will be a minimum flow of 600 cfs for both Saturday and Sunday. From what he told me that will be a good flow to bring the features in. Sounds like it should be fun for everyone.

hobie

·
Butt-boater
229 Posts
Along with the flows, some really good food, and all the cool boats we are forcast to have near 80 degree temperatures! So grab your boat, your paddle, some sunscreen, and all your gear and come on down! We have 7 play features (and an eighth that is yet untested) so even if you aren't competing, there will be space to surf and play.

-Bryan Kelsen
Sec. Pueblo Paddlers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts