Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So - Gnarrows Race 2014! We've got to pull it off somehow in the next couple of days... I talked to the water peeps and we've go flows for sure through Wednesday - but after that nothing is guaranteed and the weekend will almost definitely NOT have race level flows. Lot's of people I talked to were hoping for this upcoming weekend but with lack of flows, I'm thinking Wednesday night. Back to the roots, a weeknight on the fly. Normally the champ (which has been Kurt Braunlich for the past three years) would make the official call, however he is injured and therefor other racers need to make the call and quick. This also means the race is wide open!

So unless otherwise decided - Gnarrows Race 14 Wednesday night at 5pm!

Been a great year, so great the water kind of just dropped into race levels and this is how we gotta get it done. Apologies in advance to anyone who can't make it and best of luck in your quest for the buckle!

·
Registered
165 Posts
I'll bite...
Evan you only decided to have it this Wednesday because you know that I will be back in CO next week and you wanted to try to keep the buckle in the country for at least another year. Otherwise it would be coming back to enZed and you boys would have to come contest that shit on the Kaituna with me here this summer. And just to be clear I don't think that any airlines accept green-boats as cargo you long boat pussies know who you are...

·
Super Moderator
2,835 Posts
Two days notice for a weeknight event, oh well.

I'm sure Riley would be stoked to celebrate his birthday up there, the grandparents however not so much...

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know, I know... We were hoping for this weekend but it doesn't do much good to have a race with no water. It's been an amazing year on the Poudre by any standard and this is the by far the longest I remember the river running over 2 ft. The first time it dipped below 2 ft was on Friday. Seriously awesome, but also hard to plan the race since not many people will show up to race above 2ft. Again apologies to all who can't attend. Next year for the 10 year we will do something special. Right now it might just be me racing against the wind so cancel work, get a babysitter, pack up the rig and come on up to the Gnarrows tomorrow! We don't need timers so at least we'll know who the winner is...

·
Owner: Class 5 Carvings
621 Posts
I'll be there, loaded and ready to win once again, 8 years in a row of being the narrows champ has been fun, and I would love to see someone take my title away but I just don't think I am that kind of guy, so.... I guess I'll just have to win it again this year! If it's only Stafford and me so be it, if any of your other girlscouts want to be there tomorrow at 5 we'll have a race! See you duds there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Drop what you are doing and get to the race you sick idiots!!! Unless you are too afraid to get beaten...... by ME of course. I would love to race over 2ft. River at 2.4ft today. Lets get it on tomorrow!;)

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think the idea is meeting at 5, race will start by 6, hopefully this gives some afterwork people enough time to make it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts