Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe Cutch won the honors of scheduling this event... But may I suggest next Sunday August 2ND.. that works for me.. anyone in??
Patrick

·
Registered
929 Posts
I am In Like Flint. I think it might just be me and you Patrick. Does anyone else boat in Fort Collins? Shit, your about to join the old and decrepit with kids list too. 1st step to becoming a narrows champ is getting a vasectomy.

I believe the FoCo crew has about 15 total days on the water between you all. Mostly split between some french guy and Marty, who going against conventionalism, has kids and is older than father time himself.

Enough writing, I am going to run the Big South. I will be sure to sprint the flatwater section just to train a little. Not that I need it.

·
Spits Hot Fire
978 Posts
I know lots of boaters in the fort that paddle. We just dont talk about it online. ;)

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
gnarrows

I to know lots of boaters in the Fort.. since I live there.. and you dont talk about it online?? go back and look at the posts about the 2008 Gnarrows race..

·
Spits Hot Fire
978 Posts
Patrick, you motherscratcher...goin up to narrows in a bit probably. Care to join us and "train"? I'll shout motivational cliche's at you.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
boatin

would love to but gotta be back by 1..
give me a call at 970-691-3322
thanks
patrick

·
Registered
929 Posts
This is all the shit talking that has taken place in my 10 hours of absence? This is what I am talking about, FoCo is lame. Sorry I couldn't ignite the fire I was too busy training to kick your asses up on the BS

P.S.
Patrick I don't know if I will join you tomorrow. I think I will work on my other boof stroke (not with your sister this time) and then go to a BBQ. If I took a lap or two on the Narrows tomorrow that would be like giving the test answers away before hand.

·
Owner: Class 5 Carvings
621 Posts
First rule about boating in Fort Collins, is we don't talk about boating in Fort Collins.

Second Rule about boating in Fort Collins, is we don't talk about boating in Fort Collins.

Ronto the kayaker is ready to kick some ass and bring the belt back to its rightful place! The FC crew will represent this year!!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
really

I really don't understand this "fight club" like 2009 gnarrows race mind set..
Last year there was like hundreds of shit talking posts about leifs mom kicking so and so's ass.. ect..
In the interest of the sport I will offer up my mom as the 2009 "whore" since Leif is probably not coming back for a race...There fore his mom should probably be left out(leif I was in no way calling your mom a whore, please don't rip my head off). I am not doing this because my mom is, but because the level of shit talking or even any talking at all is down right pathetic.

Oh and Kevin I called my sister up and showed her your last post. She said you didnt even have a "boof stroke" and that it was the most uneventful 21 seconds of her life....
So skip the BBQ and come out with me and I will show you the way down the Narrows since you have probably forgotten since all you have been doing this summer is riding your bike!!
Kyle.. your pants are going to be falling down soon, because the buckle will be coming back to a Fort Collins home..

Patrick

·
Spits Hot Fire
978 Posts
Nobody said you cant talk about the race. Its everyday boating we dont talk about. Got it!?! I'm guessin the lack of quality shit talking is b/c Lotsawater isn't here this year, as we all know...he's down in South America getting his Doctorate in Shit-talk, in Spanish no less. Soon as he learns how to conjugate those verbs i'm guessin we should all run for cover cause the shrapnel's gonna be thick. Su madre es todas putas y usted remar como verdín del norte, ja ja ja..or somethin like that.

Another reason; It's 2009. Competition is frowned upon. I've been training to give hugs and knuckle-bumps.

·
Registered
157 Posts
ahh, its that time of year; when the JV gets to taunt the Varsity with their tales of training, DOR, and how well prepared they are for this years race. Hoping to make the finals for once with a chance for the buckle. blah blah blah... The same old names with the same lame game. Its like wacthing the same episode of Dora the Explora over and over again.

·
Registered
119 Posts
ahh, its that time of year; when the JV gets to taunt the Varsity with their tales of training, DOR, and how well prepared they are for this years race. Hoping to make the finals for once with a chance for the buckle. blah blah blah... The same old names with the same lame game. Its like wacthing the same episode of Dora the Explora over and over again.
Fuck the race, I'm in training for the afterparty at the Mish. Anyone want to meet up this afternoon, get drunk and fight some methheads?

·
Owner: Class 5 Carvings
621 Posts
I will tell you all why the shit talking is at an all time low:

1. Lotsabullshit ran away, not being able to hack the FC gnarrows stress.
2. Yourreallygoingtobaddlewithnalegenesonyourhands is too busy fighting weekenders on I-70 hitching rides to and from river to river to spend any time on the buzz.
3. JJH is so enthralled with dora the explorer and barney he has not gotten off the couch in 3 months.
4. Evan “oh I wrote a book” is watching barney with JJH and has joined the old man club, where is that guy?
5. Lief's mom bitch slapped Lief for letting everyone use her to their hearts content, so he scurried away as well.
6. The only thing I have heard or seen from Cutch this year was a great defense against my alleged swim, which was ruled buy the people of the buzz to not be a swim!
7. Frenchy’s techno keeps him in a docile pacifist state and he cannot think of anything bad to say.
8. Does Marty know how to use a computer? Or is he too old?
9. Boof is still in shock that his sister would play with Kevin after school.
10. Adrock is too busy looking for paddles in the river.
11. And for the rest of the people I didn’t specify, your stuck floating bridges at 2.3 feet and forgot where narrows was, it’s just past the turn off for Steven’s Gulch, but before the narrows campground, good luck finding it next weekend.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Kent I agree with you. I wouldn't talk about everyday boating either if I was you. Who wants to hear about running three laps on filter plant at 2.5 feet? I don't even know if that qualifies as boating.

JJ why don't you see if Dora can go exploring and find you nutsack so you can come out and boat

PtotheK just because a bad ass kayaker lives at you house doesn't mean you then become a good kayaker. Quit trying to live vicariously through other boaters. I was really sick of you riding my coattails

·
Registered
328 Posts
Maybe Evan will finish the race this year?:twisted:

My bet is on a Denver sweep of the finals bracket....bring it!

·
Registered
275 Posts
I just ran the "gnarrows" today at 2.5 feet and it was the considerably lower than any other time I have run it.

I think you fort collins boy's need to adjust your definition of gnar, because the poudre narrows is not very gnarly at this flow. Maybe once it is over 4 feet you can call it the "gnarrows", or maybe you pussies just run filterplant at that level.

·
Registered
5,507 Posts
be some funny shit if the buckle goes to a different state. say wyoming.

good boating with you christian, tom, evan, natalie. what a weekend.

1 - 20 of 152 Posts