Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Glenwood Springs will be hosting its first Whitewater Park Fundraising Party Friday May 14th! We will be premiering 10 Min. of LVM#12, "Amongst It", as well as a local 10 min. flick of skiing and kayaking "The Gangs of Colorado". Doors will open at 6 and close around midnight at the Buffalo Valley bar and Grill Located in South Glenwood Springs. There is a Five dollar entry charge. (all proceeds are going to the park) We will have beer, live music, and we will be raffling off gear and swag. Feel free to visit our website at www.glenwoodwhitewaterpark.com. We hope to build the best whitewater park in Colorado, if not the entire Western U.S.

Directions:

Take Highway 82 south towards Aspen. Go all the way through town and about one mile out of town (one mile from McDonalds on your right near Wal-Mart) take a right....It will be a quick left into Buffalo Valley restaurant.

Also if anyone wants to hit up barrel/shoshone that evening, or the day after, I will be around to boat!

Hope to see you all there although Minors (yes including myself) will be asked to leave at 10 p.m.

For more information feel free to email me at
[email protected]

Visit http://glenwoodwhitewaterpark.com/funddon.htm

Cheers
Ben Guska

·
Registered
399 Posts
Bump love :D

Ben, when is the best level for South Canyon. I have been four times but it is never at that sic level everyone talks of.

Thanks!

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cosurfgod:
I personally think something moved last year in south canyon when it hit above 18,000 cfs. It used be best between like 2900-3300. I was down there this year from 3400-3700, and it is way bigger, with a big pillow on it. We got down ther ate exactly 3550, and there were three of us, but you could blunt a foot out of the water, do donkeys, helixes and most anything you wanted to attemp. It seemed way more boucier then ever, and was more rententive as well......
See ya down there
Ben Guska

1 - 10 of 10 Posts