Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How long will the South Canyon Wave in Glenwood springs stay around?

·
Registered
182 Posts
How long will the South Canyon Wave in Glenwood springs stay around?
According to Eddy Flower: "This wave has a very short window, sometimes as short as 6-10 days. The South Canyon Wave runs ~3000-4200 cfs with 3500-3700 cfs being ideal.", but we run it throughout the entire spring, summer and early fall and have a blast going through it with some pretty fun rollers. Currently the flow in S. Canyon is around 4800.

·
Registered
29 Posts
i agree. we were rafting it since mid may when it was 13000+. maybe eddyflower is only referring to when its most ripe for surfin'. dinosaur at that level, however, did give us a bit of a problem.

·
Registered
182 Posts
i agree. we were rafting it since mid may when it was 13000+. maybe eddyflower is only referring to when its most ripe for surfin'. dinosaur at that level, however, did give us a bit of a problem.
Yep, I think that the Flower is just referring to "ripe surfin". The rest of the time, it is perfect for good hoots and hollars. Dinosaur can be run at higher flows, yet today when we passed it on I-70 it was clearly a hole to be avoided.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info. Really glad to hear its run through summer and early fall! Happy Boating!

·
Registered
929 Posts
The wave is only good for surfing at those prime levels. It washes out super quick. If you live in the area you will no its in because there are a ton of boaters hanging there and not at the park. If no boaters, no wave.
Sorry Beth but it is not going to sit there all summer unless they release at those flow levels.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts