Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Thanks for doing this. My family used to camp at Veltus in the '50's when it was the town campground, and later, 4th of July at Two Rivers was an anticipated treat. Now Glenwood is just an obstacle in the way. Pitkin, Eagle, Summit, Douglas, even Denver, seem to want to make their citizens' lives better, Garfield just doesn't seem to care.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
FYI

FYI-
Sorry for the late notice... There is a public comment tonight at the Glenwood Springs Rec center @ 6 p.m. with the consulting firm and the town. If you can make it please do so.

·
Super Moderator
2,849 Posts
What is this Upper Colorado Private Boaters association? A quick google search yielded little beyond this thread.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dave,
After a few years of discussion on the use and more often than not the overuse of the Upper Colorado we decided to start the UCPBA. Our mission statement is as follows:

"Engaging users of the Upper Colorado River and its tributaries by pursuing greater recreational access, environmental advocacy and community stewardship."

We are in the midst of working with American Whitewater and are now in the process of becoming a stakeholder in "Upper Colorado Wild and Scenic".

Our initial focus will be in the Glenwood Springs area, primarily due to proximity and scope. We are gathering more input in the areas from Kremmling to Dotsero and hope to soon have solid representatives and community involvement both up and down river. Any input is always greatly appriciated.

https://www.facebook.com/UpperCoPBA

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bump. Please take part in this survey.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry. The link is at the top of this thread.

·
Boy Howdy!
1,064 Posts
A second ramp for just commercials is bs. What they need to do is bring back the ramp ranger they had a couple of years ago

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The ramp at Whitewater rafting
is owned by the town. Whitewaters lease is set to expire in March. I believe this is the root of the commercial only ramp question on the survey.

·
Registered
201 Posts
The ramp at Whitewater rafting
is owned by the town. Whitewaters lease is set to expire in March. I believe this is the root of the commercial only ramp question on the survey.

Did not know that. Make them all take out there then since it's not really suitable parking wise for privates.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey All,

There is a meeting on Wednesday, August 13th at both 2:30 pm and 6:30 pm at the Glenwood Springs Community Center. This is an opportunity for public input regarding the shoreline resoration project at Veltus and Two Rivers Park. Please come participate and comment on the future of the two rivers boat ramp!

UCPBA

1 - 12 of 12 Posts