Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Kayak n00b
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings -- I've decided to learn to kayak this season and would like to know where some good places are to learn around Glenwood Springs, CO. I've been on the water twice, the Fork through Cemetery and the Colorado from Glenwood to New Castle when the flows were much lower. Are there any good places nearby that I can safely practice getting in and out of an eddy, rolling, etc?

·
Registered
46 Posts
hey! we live in gws ... the rec center has open kayak tues & thurs from 7:30-9 and Saturday am at 10 or 10:30 (i think). also the best place to get confidence in your combat roll is at gwave. once you have your roll, i suggest hitting it day after day -- plus it is just a kickin place to be. try also grizzly-two rivers, tons of eddy's, some goood trains and a pretty solid class II run. The No Name eddy rocks for playing and practicing your roll and any other flat water tricks ...

·
Registered
216 Posts
Hey Welcome to town. Come swing by Alpine Quest Sports. We have a full kayak school that has been teaching for over 20 years. We teach roll classes in the rec center the first and third monday of the month. Beginner lessons go every weekend.

970-928-9949

1 - 4 of 4 Posts