Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody I'm Chris I'm new to paddling and I'm in Georgia only bad part is is that I have no one paddle with. So what I'm looking for is a group that's out there mostly every weekend getting in the water and getting in trouble. Hopefully I will get feedback and a response because I'm really wanting to get on the water and I'm really wanting to sharpen my skills

·
Abron Cabron
611 Posts
Check Boatertalk.com for more east/SE folks... look for paddling clubs or take some classes to meet people... theres actually a lot of paddlers in the SE...prolly more then out here, i would think. or it used to be like that.
oh and in September you can go to Gauleyfest in WV.... and join American Whitwater. they are a great resource on many levels... to meet people, support river conservation, and learn lots of stuff too...
https://www.americanwhitewater.org/content/Front/view/

hope that helps :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Take the short drive to the NOC center on the nantahala river (google for directions) and take a clinic. Then just get your gear ready and when you see a vehicle with kayaks on it drive into the NOC lot, ask if you can join up. Lots of friendly boaters on the Nanty and you should have no problem finding folks to paddle with.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts