Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It must be the middle of winter because there are a bunch of you that are just trying to stir a pot that does not need to be stirred.
I have placed some people in timeout and can do more if you want to continue to try to smear your flavor of intolerance, trolling and meanness on the Buzz. I am tired of it. Andy is tired of it too. I don't usually go in the Eddy because the trollers have made it unfun.

Things that will get you put in timeout:
Complaining about moderation.

Reporting multiple, multiple posts for moderation that have no offensive content.

Name calling.

Posts (even in the Eddy) that are made only for the purpose of starting a fight with another member, even if not called out by name. This is called trolling.

I volunteered to moderate on the Buzz because I think it is (usually) a great place. Volunteer...yeah that's right I do this for free, so I am not worried about getting fired. I have also met some terrific people on here that I count among my closest friends.

So maybe you could try to be the person that sounds like they want to get invited on a river trip, instead of the person that tries to dredge up shit like it's their job. I am getting really tired of it.

·
Registered
95 Posts
The dark turn that has taken place here since the end of boating season sort of took me by surprise as someone relatively new to the site. This summer, I was boasting to my non-boater wife how fun and generally positive this place was compared to the rest of the internet. I don't think I'd be making that boast now.

Thanks for volunteering to moderate, because I sure as shit wouldn't do that job for free.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Thanks Carvedog for your dedication. This is a great site for sharing knowledge and making connections which can bring out some differences of opinion. I consider myself a reasonable person but I can let my ego get carried away and deserve to be stomped on if I get too full of myself. Thanks again for your work to keep this such a great spot for the aqua inclined.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
I too, am sick and tired of the lack of respect and inability to understand and respond politely to differing points of view
carvedog, I thank you for posting and moderating, as well as Andy and others that have offered the best of themselves in boating and other advice
I've connected with so many fantastic river folk on this site and would like to join in again to read and post without derision
Again, thank you!

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
Apply for permits. Go ski /board until river season. Wash, rinse, repeat. Be a good person all the while. Goodbye 2021
Good riddance 2021 might be more appropriate, and take the damn virus with ya!

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Yes, thank you Andy and CarveDog. "Quickest way to ruin something is to abuse it" - some smart guy/gal. Okay, maybe I just made that up, but I think it applies.

Also leave the pineapple on the menu. If you don't like it, don't order or make it. No way in hell I'm ordering mushrooms, olives, or red onions on anything EVER, but it doesn't mean I lambast those that enjoy those things. All I'm sayin is - leave my Hawaiian pizza alone!

·
Registered
209 Posts
The buzz is definitely a happy place for me, and a place that I get to learn lots from, so I can make new and more interesting mistakes. There is a bunch of the world that I deliberately avoid in my off hours, and I have always viewed those that boat as kindred spirits. I boat with some folks that have very different politics than I, but there is no one else in the world I would rather share my snacks with, and have setting safety at the bottom of a rapid. For the most part I found the river selects for decent folks, and decent folks is what we need more of. I appreciate all the work the moderators are doing to keep the buzz a source of good information about the sport, access, and of course woodworking.

·
Premium Member
2,176 Posts
Thanks guys for moderating the site. I hope the civility remains. Time will tell. I've watched another outdoor DB in Utah self destruct over political rhetoric from the owner and a few of his Rumpster friends. It appears the same thing is happening here. IMHO this place would be much better off and more friendly to new and old boaters alike if politics and internet bullying were eliminated all together.

Happy New Year's Buzzards.

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
Thanks guys for moderating the site. I hope the civility remains. Time will tell. I've watched another outdoor DB in Utah self destruct over political rhetoric from the owner and a few of his Rumpster friends. It appears the same thing is happening here. IMOH this place would be much better off and more friendly to new and old boaters alike if politics and internet bullying were eliminated all together.

Happy New Year's Buzzards.
Thanks so much for leaving politics out of your post..

1 - 20 of 26 Posts