Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sold some dry bags to a New Mexico guy named Bryan Lott weeks ago and I have not been paid yet. What ever happened to the brothers of the river thing? Has anyone else been burned selling gear on Mountain Buzz? Anyone know of an address for this guy?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I "sold" him some oar extenders in May and have not received payment. Poor form. I will look up what address I have for him.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Thanks Atom for the note regarding this thread!

I am so sorry! both of your checks were mailed, as far as I know the same day, at the same time...which would have been around July 8th (7th?) not sure.

Firstly, I'm sorry that neither of you have your money. I'm certainly not a swindler or a scam artist, and I'm not really sure what is going on. I got a scary email from "ibisbuilders" today saying that he's going to pursue legal action or something...so I called my bank. neither check has been cashed (obviously) but really, I don't know where they are.

I'm really not a scam artist. sure, I should have been on this sooner, but I just figured the drunk postal carriers in New Mexico fucked something up and the checks would show up either retruned to me or to each of you. I have tons of gear selling and buing transactions on TGR and MTBR and other gear-swap sites but for some reason the two of you seem to be getting screwed by me...honestly NOT my intention. All of my other transactions on other sites have been smooth, except where some guy didn't pay me, and like you...I was pissed.

I cancelled both the checks today after Ibis' scary/threatening email, and have, sitting here on my kitchen table a new check for "ibis builders" (MS)....this was (honestly) done before I got a note from Atom telling me to check this thread out.

If either of you have payapal I can pay you as soon as you give me the operating email address. if not, know that the checks will be put in the mail (again) first thing tomorrow morning. Kate, I especially apologize to you as you...as you super-hooked me up and I did tell you (like two weeks ago) that I would look into the missing check. I figured as it never came back "returned to sender" to me and I didn't hear from you again that you had received it. Not an excuse, but that's what I thought....also..it was June 15th that I messaged you (according to my mbuzz sent-items folder)..not may....neverthelss, poor-form indeed.

I don't know what else to say. I'm certainly not a scam artist. Maybe a little slow sometimes (wtf? it's 250cfs down here on the rio). If it'll make you feel better I can take pictures of your envelopes with stamps on 'em or something tonight.

again...I'm sorry that you both seem to be getting the shaft here. and really, I promise that i will re-send the checks first thing in the AM. If it makes you feel any better, I would be pissed off also if some douchebag didn't pay me for gear. so, fair enough that you posted this thread. once you have the cash I'd appreciate it if the admins pulled this thread down...as I'm really not the type of person that doesn't pay for gear.

I apologize again to you both, and I don't know what else to say, other than I'm sorry and I promise you that the checks are "in the mail"...again...if you have paypal give me the email address and I'll shoot you the payment immediately.

Lastly (phew) thanks to Atom for alerting me to this thread and for the kind words.

·
Registered
173 Posts
but, to be honest with Lt Pinkerton...the oar was only half yours and the exploded dry box did it's job, protecting the sunglasses and safety materials within from the wrath of a surly river guide and a econoline van.

hope you had a good one schlepping starlets around the lake.

·
Beginner
2,468 Posts
That's a lot of excuses for a purchase made in May. Send Kate the money, New Mexico. She's a really nice lady who doesn't need to get screwed over by some broke chump.

"Oh, the mailman must have screwed up so I cancelled the checks way before this thing ever happened." You sound full of shit man.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I sold B Lott some oars in April, he paid up front in cash, and seemed like a pretty nice guy. Were posts like this in public really necessary? you couldn't call him??

Bryan - hope the family is having fun on the river!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I am only kidding about the oar thing... B Lott is a down mamba jamba, and a mad dog.

"She's a really nice lady who doesn't need to get screwed over by some broke chump."

Go SUP or something RANDADDY, your time would be better spent.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Whatever the reason for the delay - oversight, lax postal carriers, etc. - Blott has made good. there was no malice intended.

Just felt the need to post that publicly.

·
doesn't need a fake name
481 Posts
Man! Water must be dropping everywhere, because tempers seem to be on a hair trigger lately.

·
Registered
242 Posts
hey man, I work with Brian & I just want to say that he is a super good guy! I know that sometimes he can act like a giant 6 year old, (can't we all?) But all in all he is an honest, hard working, down to earth, good guy who is human just like the rest of us! And btw Mr. Ran"Daddy" Brian is a wonderful Dad to two beautiful little river girls who busts his ass to make a good life for his family & is not just some broke rookie chump Ark guide (like he was 11 years ago, hey, life makes men of all of us,) and as his friend & co-worker I will vouch that he is good for his word & not out to screw anyone! Also, as a long time NM resident, will also vouch for the third world rate services in NM... seriously, this state is about 50 years behind the times, literally is "manana land." So yeah, how about you give the guy a call? He'll talk your ear off, but he'll make things right! btw, if it's any consilation, as his TL, I'll let slip that this little matter bothered him so much that his run this morning suffered... really, I don't usually see Brian get stuck that much!

·
Beginner
2,468 Posts
Kate,
Glad you've resolved this.

Everyone else, I don't care if the dude has kids and a family. I really don't. He bought things from two different Mountain Buzz members and took MONTHS to pay for them. They use FedEx, USPS, and UPS in New Mexico just like everywhere else. It's not 50 years behind the times. You're on the internet right now aren't you? Suggesting we give the guy a call on his mobile, right?

Just trying to back up my fellow gear swap sellers. Without this post neither of them would have seen a penny I bet.

·
Registered
242 Posts
so I must confess that the mention of Brian being a Dad, & a good one at that, was really just a cheep shot at at putting down your user name, which was not cool of me, & I apologise for that. I guarantee though that a simple phone call would have streightend the matter out, and the public bashing really was compleetly unnecicary. And yes we have internet & cell phones just like in India & Columbia! If you'v never spent much time in NM though, you really have no idea what it is like here. Honestly, it's cool that your looking out for your friend, I am looking out for my friend. I really think that you don't have to get nasty & call some one you have never met super uncool names though. Peace bro.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts