Mountain Buzz banner

Gauge for NSV Proving grounds...

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Jefe 
#1 ·
Can anyone help me to find flows for this section. WWSR says SSV Lyons gauge. But we ran the proving grounds last night and it seemed much lower than SSV. Much of it was unrunnable due to lack of water. Any beta would be greatly appreciated...

Mocha

#2 ·
there used to be a gauge, but it got turned off due to budget cuts. Only way to know what is flowing is to look at it, or call the folks that operate releases out of the reservoir upstream. You can guess based on the st vrain at lyons, but that includes ssv too, so its got a wide margin of error

#3 ·
If Buttonrock is spilling you can use the gauge above Buttonrock. But it is not spilling. I just spoke with the St Vrain Water Commissioner and he said they will be kicking the rio up to 225cfs below Buttonrock at 9:00 tonight for about a week. Of course, he said that this has nothing to do with LOG, but downstream water calls. So it looks like some water on NSV for LOG!

As always, no guarantees, but that is what I was just told.

#9 ·
What's the big deal JHimick?....If I had just searched it, I wouldn't have learned of the release. I understand you can search the Buzz, but there is also value in getting current info eh? Just did that search you recommended and didn't really find that much. I did though find a post by you from 2009 wondering the same thing as me - "I would be interested in running this with you guys if there was water. Both Eddyflower and Colorado Surface Waters are showing no flow."

Mocha

#12 ·
Yes they are releasing right now. Not sure if it will only last the weekend (LOG)or if they will continue to release. But either way it is on the low end and running. Be on the heads up for wood there is a large tree in the middle of one of the drops. Check the gauge for st vrain @lyons if you see it drop back to around 200 they stopped releasing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.