Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to do a mid-December Gates of Lodore and am having trouble with shuttle options. River Runners is closed for the season. Anyone have other groups/individuals in the area wanting to shuttle a couple vehicles? We are willing to pay well! Any info appreciated!

·
Registered
281 Posts
I believe Road Runner Transport is the only company permitted to run shuttles in that area, and they stop running shuttles at the end of October due to weather concerns.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
You might have to find some locals to help ya or do it yourselfs. Maybe send a message to RRT and see if one of their shuttle crew could do it. I think Melanie and her husband go snowbird elsewhere...so even if the weather is nice they won't do it.

Perhaps the folks at Good Vibes River Gear in Craig would be willing to help too.

Its not the shortest DIY shuttle out there... but it is completely doable on your own too. Mostly sucks that you have to go back to the put in afterwards to get the rig you left there. I think if I was gonna do it, I'd meet at Split Mountain and load all the gear into one vehicle and leave the rest at the bottom.

Definitely bring the cold weather gear. Even if it doesn't snow its still gonna be COLD. I did a November 5th launch about 5 years ago and it was down into the low teens every night and you only get a few hours of sun each day in the upper canyon.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Looking to do a mid-December Gates of Lodore and am having trouble with shuttle options. River Runners is closed for the season. Anyone have other groups/individuals in the area wanting to shuttle a couple vehicles? We are willing to pay well! Any info appreciated!
You might try this mechanic in the area. Brian 435-790-9689

·
Registered
183 Posts
What are your dates?
I am in the area and who knows things might line up.
Text is best 1 three 0 seven 389 fortyfive o seven

·
Registered
4 Posts
What are your dates?
I am in the area and who knows things might line up.
Text is best 1 three 0 seven 389 fortyfive o seven
We used to do our own shuttle. Take the cars to the take out, take all the drivers to the airport in vernal with one car and fly to the put in. You don't have to go all the way back that way. The plane landed on the road about a half mile from the ramps. This has been a decade or more since I've done this but might still be an option

1 - 13 of 13 Posts