Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question, the pin on the back of my Garmont synergy boots, that holds the flat metal rod in place for ski/walk mode keeps working its way out. Has anyone had problems with this pin falling out? Also it looks like the plastic around the pin and walk/ski mode lever has stress fractures in the plastic.

I guess I will loctite the pin back in place.

Thanks,

Craig

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Boots

Sounds like a warrenty issue. Have you contacted Garmont? How old are the boots? The Syner-G has only been on the market for a year, so you should be 100% covered. Company warrenties are there to protect you from problems with materials, and that's what you got.

Even if you didn't buy the boots from us, we are a Garmont dealer. Call Confluence Kayaks and ask for Don. 303-433-3676. I can contact them and get you some answers.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Don for the reply.

I bought the boots last Thanksgiving, I have roughly 30days on them. I have not contacted Garmont.

I really dig the boots, they fit and feel great. I put loctite on both ends of the pin Friday and skied them supper hard Sunday, the pin stayed put.

I am still concerned about the plastic around the pin and walk mode lever, it seems that there are small cracks ingrained in the plastic, kind of like stress fractures.

I will give you a call this week at the shop..

Thanks again,

Craig

1 - 3 of 3 Posts