Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you are anything like me you probably have a shiz ton of gear from boating, bikes, skis all crammed into an under sized garage. How you guys storing all this stuff, got any creative ideas?

·
Registered
359 Posts
Good timing for this thread on multiple levels, I just moved into a new house and have gained an entire two car garage just for gear and can't wait to start to get it organized.

I am thinking about doing to ceiling mounted oar storage, anyone try that?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Everything in my shop / garage is on wheels. For gear storage, I like these wire rolling shelves. Sometimes you can find really good prices on them at restaurant supply stores, like half of what Costco wants for them.

When I moved recently, I left all the gear on them and rolled them right up the ramp onto the Uhaul truck.

Great for moving around to clean out behind etc. I have another one with my dry box, cooler, firepan, groover, etc. on.

Attachments

·
Definite maybe
918 Posts
Garage is a mess but here is some of my solutions. Repurposed some old snow boards to hold skis and oars, a set of shelves my wife is slowly taking over, and a 4ft by 12ft shelf for coolers and what not. Boat and other gear stay rolled in closet. Frames sit outside.

Attachments

·
Registered
386 Posts
This is what I have been using for oar storage. Just 3/8 eye bolts in ceiling joists with retired cam straps. A half hitch around the eye bolt to keep the straps from slipping. I just loosen the strap and slide the oars out. Simple and cheap.

Attachments

·
Registered
298 Posts
I went from a 8x8 shed to a garage which was awesome having two boats and enough gear for 10 people but it’s one of my parking places at our spot so I had to maximize space. The top shelves were built to be able to stack two rocket boxes. It’s still a work in progress but having a work bench is also a plus. I wish I had a 4 car garage but this works for us.

Attachments

·
My name isn't Will
371 Posts
I reckon I need a new house.

My 70 year-old mill shack USED to have a tiny garage, but it was remodeled in the '70s and the garage converted to a third "bedroom." That's my gear room. Raft, kayak, SCUBA, etc. There's a "carport" that was an afterthought. Raft on trailer and kayaks live out there; sea kayaks hang from the rafters. Canoes sadly have to live under a shade tree.

Envious of all the gear space, but if I had it, I'd just fill it up with more gear. ER, uh, maybe not; I wouldn't be able to afford any new gear.

·
Whodafukrwe Rafters
7 Posts
Raft storage platform in shop\garage

I hang my two Maravia rafts from the platform in my shop. The upper one is deflated, while the lower is half aired down. My tractor with forks is how I load them. Of course, safety matters, so all work is completed under the watchful eye of my 3 inspectors. If your building isn't tall enough for rafts, a shorter platform could work for gear.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 31 Posts