Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that coolers have many posts, but I didn't see much about Galaxy coolers out of Durango. I'm looking at Galaxy 105 comet long and the Canyon sailor 105. The coolers are the same size, look the same, but 80.00 diff in price. pros and cons?

·
Super Moderator
4,099 Posts

·
Sorry to go on this rant again Buzzards, but I will every time I see a Galaxy post.
Do NOT but anything from Galaxy, if you can even get ahold of them.
It's been 2 years since I ordered and paid for a cooler from Marty. He never sent the cooler and would never send me a refund, even though, the few times I was able to get him on the phone, he said he would.
Personally, I don't think they are even in business anymore.

Buy from Canyon Coolers in Flag. Stand up guys!

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
I thought that Canyon Coolers bought out Galaxy??? I wasn't aware that Galaxy still existed or was selling coolers anymore???
I have the Sailor 105, nice cooler and good customer service from Jason & Tony at Canyon Coolers.
KJ

·
Registered
110 Posts
I don't know anything at all about Galaxy, but I just bought a Canyon 210. I got great customer service and the cooloer looks to be bomber.

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
Be patient guys we are almost finished changing mountainbuzz to coolerbuzz.
Now Now mania.....you know that rafters have to talk about something in the off season :p:p:p
Gotta have the best cooler for all the food & beverage enjoyment !!!!!
It could be worse.....we could have the ever popular "should I drain my cooler or not" thread :twisted::twisted::twisted:

KJ

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know this cooler thing can get out of hand but I will be in Durango soon and thought that I would try to buy local. After reading the post's about Galaxy I'm not sure if they have got things turned around or not? And yes you have to talk something in the winter.

Anyone in Durango have any thoughts or interactions with Galaxy lately?

·
Registered
668 Posts
Now Now mania.....you know that rafters have to talk about something in the off season :p:p:p
Gotta have the best cooler for all the food & beverage enjoyment !!!!!
It could be worse.....we could have the ever popular "should I drain my cooler or not" thread :twisted::twisted::twisted:

KJ
And you're glad we rafters do so we can carry your beer for you all summer long...:p

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Time to start a new thread

OK rafters, what are you opinions on open oarlocks versus Pin and clip oarlocks versus Oar Rights old model versus Oar Right new convertible model

OK kayakers, what are your opinions on straight shaft versus crank shaft paddles, wood paddles versus kevlar paddles versus glass paddles, Cross link plastic versus linear plastic

Lets get 2012 started off right with rehashing of good well tested topics!!!

Happy New Year, My wish for each of you Buzzards is plenty of water no matter what you float in or on, multiple permit hits and may your cooler be full of your favorite beverage no matter if it is Coleman, Gott, Galaxy, Canyon Coolers, Engel, Yeti or C-Store special!!!

·
Registered
110 Posts
I feel sorry for people who come to this site for the first time looking for useful information about an awesome sport.... The comments on here definitely give a poor impression of boaters to those just getting in to the sport...

·
Registered
253 Posts
This is what happens when you let rafters into the kayak forum. The same stupid questions over and over? Can we go back to the turf war and fighting over the M-wave?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I agree with wild2onriver, if you don't want to talk about coolers than don't look at the post.

I will call both Canyon and Galxay on monday and will post what I find out.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I thought that Canyon Coolers bought out Galaxy??? I wasn't aware that Galaxy still existed or was selling coolers anymore???
I have the Sailor 105, nice cooler and good customer service from Jason & Tony at Canyon Coolers.
KJ
Did you end up buying your sailor directly from canyon coolers? I think they are out of sailors. I just got a new yeti for Christmas for my play boat
The sizing was a little better for my application and I got a really good deal on it on the winter long cooler sale. I love the wire baskets!

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
I got my Sailor from Canyon Inflatables for the discount price. Thanks for the heads up. I did talk with Jason & Tony before I decided on the Sailor to confirm dimensions and to answer some cooler size questions. They were very prompt and helpful with the info I needed. The Sailor upped my cooler size from a 94QT. Marine Igloo to a 105 QT while still being able to fit my 66 inch NRS Cat frame. Nothing against Yeti.....just too pricey for my budget.
KJ

·
Registered
28 Posts
I picked up a Canyon Cooler this fall and have been totally happy with the product! Showed up a few days after I ordered it, and we had ice for a full 21 days on the Grand.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts