Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would guess this has been covered many times previously but does anyone know where I can obtain gacoflex in Hyside blue in small quantities? Or, as a second option, does System 6 come in Hyside Blue and where can I purchase it? I bought an older boat and would like to improve it's aesthetics if I can. Thanks. Dave

·
Registered
274 Posts
I was just about to put a post up about this. I can't seem to find gaco anymore and was looking at the system 6 from man of rubber, they also have the brush on wear patches. I am trying to add another layer of black gaco to the bottom of my older hyside, as well as add some blue to the top. I was also thinking about getting styly and using white gaco to cover some wear spots and adding some design to it. Any beta would be great.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I bought some years ago from Inflatable Restoration and Repair in Howard, just outside of Salida. I would give Eric a call and see if he still sells Gaco.

·
Registered
50 Posts
System 6

I have found that system 6 is a better and more durable product than Gaco Flex. I know that it does come in any color under the sun including hyside blue. Man of Rubber does sell it but if you are looking for some thing local Rocky Mountain Adventures, in Fort Collins, sells it as well. Hope this helps.:)

·
Registered
19 Posts
The only way I know of to get gacoflex is to contact the distributor directly, Western Gaco 1-800-331-0196, or www.gaco.com/H22. It is not cheap, you must buy at least one gallon and it only comes in white or black unless you order more than 50 gallons. It has been a couple of years, but I paid something like $165/gallon plus haz-mat shipping. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Do they provide info on how to tint it at your local home depot?

·
Beginner
2,469 Posts
Gaco only comes in very large amounts these days. Blue is no longer available. Hyside has been working hard on the tinting process and hope to be selling blue later this month. I would contact them directly.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I just ordered some rubber paint and top side paint from inlnd marine. It is the only comparable thing that has been reccomended. man of rubber had some other products that were more expensive, I would love to hear if anyone has used them.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks to all

Thanks for the responses everyone-it is much appreciated.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts