Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any info on what the levels are likely to be in the coming days, weeks, months? Paddled 4-7 at 185 cfs today and had a really great time. Fluid ELFing.

·
Super Moderator
4,836 Posts
That was a fun little float Tuesday :) Hope you guys had a nice run yesterday too.

Looking at all the gauges Phil, it doesn't look like there is any more augmentation going on. The BOR/CWP had talked about using project water through September to keep water levels above 250 at Wellsville, but it doesn't look like that is going to be necessary. Rain and cool summer temps have helped keep the native flow up, so I guess they could have released a little more in July.... ;)

Looks like the native flow is 173, and the rio is running 180 (@ the below Granite gauge). My educated guess would be that flows will continue to hold near this level until Indian Summer (or possibly bump a little if someone calls for water), then will slowly start to drop down to the 100-120 range.

·
Super Moderator
4,836 Posts
Oops. I guess they are augmenting LC by 30 cfs. So native is 150. Still, I think we will see 150-180 for a bit longer.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Logan. I heard from someone else who knows a bit about this and he said more or less what you did.

Hey buzzards that have an interest... the rain in the Ark valley has brought the rio up. 300 in the Numbers and 440 in Browns. Interesting paddling the last couple days. I've been here 3 years and its the first I've seen the rio really brown. We don't get to paddle here after rain events too often.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts