Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. So far the bidding is at $1000. Cool thing is all the people e-
mailing asking about just donating a few dollars. The boating community is an awesome one. I can tell you what, we are going to make one bad
ass looking boat for whoever wins it!

hobie

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Hey Hobie, can you post an address where people can send donations? I know that myself and many others will send checks (especially now that the boat bidding is waaay out of my range, which is awesome). Thanks.

D

·
Registered
93 Posts
Great work on this Hobie. Makes me proud to be part of the boating community.

To complement your efforts, Pikes Peak Whitewater Club will sponsor an additonal fund raiser for Katie. We will post the specifics shortly, but will provide a way for the Buzz community to make donations of any size directly to Katie.

We will have both a drawing with boating gear prizes donated by many manufacturers and on November 14, Tommy Hilleke will join us in Colorado Springs to do a slide show from some of the LVM/Tdub expeditions and tell some river stories. The drawing will be held that evening and 100% of what we raise will go to Katie.

Watch for details in a separate post. Between what Hobie started with Dagger and the things I mentioned above, we can really help Katie and like I said before, it's great to be part of a community like ours that is willing to jump in and do what they can to help a fellow paddler in need.

Mike

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just got off the phone with Katie. She is so thankful to you all for the help. No suprise it has been very tough on her and her family. As for funds they can be sent to:

Katie Hilleke
821 Bluff Creek Club Rd.
Quinton, AL. 35130

Checks can be made to : The Katie Hilleke Assistance Fund

I was informed they will send you a reciept as all donations are tax deductable.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wish I was there with you guys. Corey sent me this photo to kind of rub it in I think http://www.teamdagger.com/ssp/gallery?c=7&p=1&imgId=36
As for the fundraising we are up to $1,800 and so many people have mailed me for the address to send some funds to her in addition to the boat. Even had a paddler in England e-mail me about sending a donation. Really awesome that everyone is chipping in. I know she appreciates all the help and concern.

hobie

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
That's a sick photo. No one's ever answered when I asked what level on the pole Bus Eater runs at. Do you guys know? I don't think I've ever been there when it's high enough.

D

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just an update on the boat give away. The new boat goes to..............Mr. John Scott! With a high bid of $1,800 he is helping out our good friend Katie and getting a one of a kind boat. What did he pick? The 8.5 Nomad, my personal favorite. Congrats to John and we will do an update later as to how it turns out and have some images as well.

hobie
Dagger Kayaks

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
Hobie, this was an amazing thing to do. Excellent work by you, Dagger and the people who put in bids for this.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts