Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
boof splash
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering an attempt at building a dory this winter and I was curious if any wood boat enthusiasts on the front range would be willing to let me check out their rigs to get planning ideas.

It seems that most people whom own and paddle these boats love to talk about them, so hopefully someone can show me around a little bit!

I'm in Boulder but can travel up to the fort or down to the springs to check out your rig.

Cheers,
Kevin

·
Registered
206 Posts
Kevin,

My 16' Mackenzie is sitting up in Summit County right now, but when I bring it back down you more than welcome to come check it out. I also have a 14' Rapid Robert. I live in Pine Junction and can PM you when I bring her back down.

There are a few other wooden drifters on the front range. Check out woodenboatpeople.com for drift boat building discussion. We just had the Colorado Wooden Boat Float last weekend, maybe we'll see you in your new build next year or join up with us next year to check out the boats and discuss construction and designs.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I am starting a Briggs build in the coming week. Not on Front Range, im in SLC. Check out Woodenboatpeople.com, Facebook page "whitewater dories", montana-riverboats. all have been very helpful!

good luck! enjoy!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts