Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow! Gauges are shooting up, radar shows the storm plowing into the denver area, and its ON!

Bear creek is probably gonna run, clear creek is coming up too.

Confluence just hit about 2500 cfs, and its big water surfing at trestle wave now.

Union is primo as well and over a grand.

No matter what your cup of tea is, its on right now. Gather all your warm gear and get it! Yahooooo!

·
Registered
834 Posts
BOOYAH. The Bear Creek gauge is vertical. I bet it is 200 by afternoon. The street gutters in Golden are full of running water and it was raining torrentially when I left for work this morning. Today is a good day to call in sick and get a few lunchtime laps in before it starts snowing and freezing ass.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Eddyflower does not update fast enough when the gauges are on the rise. I've been using the colorado department of water resources of whatever its called. Click on the flows page on the buzz, and scroll down to the third window. It shows colorado with all of the drainages. Click on a drainage, and is shows pretty much all the gauges for that drainage. On the right side you can narrow it down by river drainage even further. Anyway south platte at denver is over 3000 grand at 8:15 and going straight up!

Trestle wave is the wave under the railroad bridge, its just downstream of the playpark, and its fricking HUGE right now. Playboaters go get it!

I'm saving my arms for bear creek.... 126 cfs at the 9:00am guage update at morrison. It looks like its slowing down a bit, but the rain is still coming and the radar shows more to come.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Bear crk

There will be a delay between the gauge above the lake in evergreen and the gauge in Bear Creek in Morrison, but the upper gauge is a good predictor of what's to come later in the day.....the lake is spillin', so what goes in must come out! Oh wait, there is a lake on bear creek above morrison??? Where is that??

OKay-the gauge Melrose is linking to is below morrison, that is a good gauge, but the gauge typically used is bear creek at morrison:
Detail Graph

·
Registered
94 Posts
Boulder Boating today

If anyone is paddling some class IV (or lower) and doesn't mind swinging by the CU campus to pick up an extra paddler, I'd love to get out on the river.

thanks
rick

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The rally cry is out. Bear creek after work. Union and confluence are going off. Union just topped 1800 can connie just hit 4550. Surf patrol mobilizing as we speak. I'm calling it a day, ditching work and getting the gear on.

Yeeeehaaaaaw!

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
S. Platte

FYI- Docs Proplugs (earplugs) and Smilies Noseplugs are in stock in all sizes.

No excuses... go get some.

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
***Just In From the National Weather Service***
Urban and Small Stream Flood Advisory

1156 AM MDT TUE APR 24 2007THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN DENVER HAS ISSUED AN
* URBAN AND SMALL STREAM FLOOD ADVISORY FOR... CHERRY CREEK IN CENTRAL DENVER COUNTY IN NORTHEAST COLORADO INCLUDING CENTRAL DENVER.
* UNTIL 545 PM MDT
* AT 1145 AM MDT...OFFICIALS REPORTED WATER COVERING SECTIONS OF THE BIKE PATH ALONG CHERRY CREEK IN DENVER COUNTY. CHERRY CREEK AT CHAMPA HAS RISEN 2.99 FEET AND CHERRY CREEK AT STEELE HAS RISEN 1.85 FEET SINCE EARLY THIS MORNING.
AUTOMATED RAIN GAUGES INDICATE THAT BETWEEN 0.80 AND 1.4 INCHES OF RAIN HAVE FALLEN FROM THIS STORM IN THE LAST 12 HOURS.
EXCESSIVE RUNOFF FROM THIS STORM WILL CONTINUE TO CAUSE CHERRY CREEK TO OVERTOP THE BIKE PATHS IN DENVER THROUGH LATE THIS AFTERNOON.

I just walked my dog - Cherry Creek is gushing.
3 Feet of water in 6 hours. Jesus. . .Have fun boys and girls. . .

·
Registered
205 Posts
Confluence Boaters

Man, you confluence boaters are a brave breed. Denver metro has a serious case of diarrhea and you all jump in. CU medical sciences epidemiology studies should follow you and your offspring. I would love to see an analysis of a sample of the water in that eddy where cherry creek comes in.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts