Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Total newbie
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title says it all. We're looking for a list of class 3 or lower sections that don't require permits.

·
God Amongst Men
1,993 Posts
And outside of the Poudre (and the obvious runs in the cities/on the plains) I don't think there are any stretches that fit your bill.

Perhaps a search bar would yield some results? Perhaps typing the magic phrase "Upper C".....

·
Total newbie
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And outside of the Poudre (and the obvious runs in the cities/on the plains) I don't think there are any stretches that fit your bill.

Perhaps a search bar would yield some results? Perhaps typing the magic phrase "Upper C".....
I always search first but don't always know the magic search terms. Thanks for helping a newbie out. :)

·
Super Moderator
4,229 Posts
The Arkansas would be another good possibility.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the only runs in Colorado, for which you must apply for a permit in advance, are the Yampa and Green rivers through Dinosaur National Monument. Everywhere else, you can just show up with your boat and the proper equipment. You may have to self register for some, but none on the Front Range.

have fun on the river!

-AH

·
Registered
447 Posts
Cherry Creek through Denver is true Front Range and great right now. Just bike scout the entire section before you put on, take out at the Confluence and grab a Starbucks! Or you could try Ralston Creek in Arvady also permitless and takes you to a great bingo hall trailer park at the take out.

·
Total newbie
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cherry Creek through Denver is true Front Range and great right now. Just bike scout the entire section before you put on, take out at the Confluence and grab a Starbucks! Or you could try Ralston Creek in Arvady also permitless and takes you to a great bingo hall trailer park at the take out.
Hahaha! Nice!

·
El Chupanibre
134 Posts
Pretty easy, there is a sticky little hole in Spike Buck, but nothing major. Have fun, gotta love the Ark.

Sent from my iPad using Mountain Buzz

·
El Chupanibre
134 Posts
There is a nice little launch area at Pinnacle but some commercial traffic-You can carry down at Salt Lick, it's a nice little pull out on Hwy 50. Happy boating.

·
FISHTARD
74 Posts
Dont be a 8===D

Lazy ass, do some research.
This is research. Dont be an asshole to newbs. Its easier and better to hear first hand than to look at a shit map.

Where do you think Google searches take you when you search whitewater stuff?

·
El Chupanibre
134 Posts
I would say this asking people on the buzz might qualify as research. Be nice, it's the right thing to do.

·
fat guy in a little boat
412 Posts
c'mon now, i'm sure you were once a newbie sucking down info wherever you could get it. give the dude a break.

man just go to the poudre. somehow it's still got great water (lucky bastards!!;)). there's 3 sections that fit your bill. park at picnic rock or bridges take out(mm115ish) and meet some people. not much else on the northern front range tho.
the lower blue is still good if your in little boats. and it will be coming back up in the next few weeks.
come up to the upper c and have a beer with me. pumphouse is gonna run all summer.
or try the ark. they still got some water.
wherever you decide, do it quick, summer's ending way too soon!!
have fun and enjoy it man!!

·
Premium Member
4,836 Posts
I agree about purchasing a guide book. That's where the majority of us got our basic beta before the Buzz became a hand holding affair for the rank and unseasoned.

If you have specific questions about a particular stretch you are much more likely to get better feedback.

Hope I didn't discourage you. The world of whitewater is the wonderfully addicting and the community is just plain awesome.

·
Total newbie
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Guess it's just me, but if you're looking for information, 'someone compile me a list of...' is lazy and disrespectful. ;)
I'm an EE. Assuming I can't do research is plain stupid. Actually, assuming anything is your chip not mine. I did not ask anyone to compile a list. That is your inability to simply read the words I put forth without interpreting them within your own bias.

Is this just a place where you like to stroke other experts' egos or do you have any desire to teach new paddlers?

1 - 20 of 56 Posts