Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Class III to IV- boater looking to get on the water this weekend.

Anyone want to head up to Waterton?

Or scrape by on Clear Creek?
-Lawson to Kermits
-Chicago creek to Kermits?
-Other runs?

Shoot me a text or call 970-412-3658

-Grant

·
Registered
364 Posts
Class III to IV- boater looking to get on the water this weekend.

Anyone want to head up to Waterton?

Or scrape by on Clear Creek?
-Lawson to Kermits
-Chicago creek to Kermits?
-Other runs?

Shoot me a text or call 970-412-3658

-Grant

Looking at running 11 mile on Sunday morning...I think there may be two or three other's running it as well. Thanks!

Cheers!

-Nick
303-204-1527

·
Registered
152 Posts
Keep in mind, 11Mile is about the same distance from Denver as the Arkansas (2.5 hours), its way upstream from Deckers/Waterton. https://www.google.com/maps/place/C...2!3m1!1s0x8714cafd768a7c51:0x132da4f381f8d3e0
But it is supposed to be a beautiful class III-IV creek run (between the two bookend V's that can be skipped), in a warm (for CO) trout creek that doesn't ever have enough flows on normal years (this year is exceptional). I'd like to do it some time but can't this weekend.

If you (or anyone) would like to join us, a friend and I will probably be running Waterton Saturday afternoon around 4:30ish.

Txt or call
Ben
ate-oh-1 735-7ate45

·
Registered
364 Posts
Grant, This is a SUPER FUN run! At this level it goes...it's definitely not as bony as Clear Creek...not too bad of a level at all...things could always be better, but we don't complain because it's running :) ...plus this place is absolutely beautiful! SUPER scenic! Granite boulder gardens with some boofs and drops...class III with some class IV moves. A top and bottom "V" if you're feeling it. AWESOME place to visit if you haven't! Fishing is on FIRE as well!!! Let me know if you plan on coming out...There is another thread going...Cheers! -Nick (303-204-1527)

·
Registered
298 Posts
eleven mile is barely runnable in my opinion. Got a group leaving Denver Sunday morning to run the royal gorge. It's Been around a 1000 cfs for awhile. Way better !:) Steve 719 994 6427

·
Registered
45 Posts
Barely running is awfully dramatic! Everything in there goes and goes well. Great time and we're super lucky to be able to run it in August

·
Super Moderator
2,843 Posts
Anyone else thinking royal gorge Saturday? I'd love to have a couple other solid paddlers as I take riley through for his first time.

-Dave
(Seven two 0) 298-2242

1 - 11 of 11 Posts